Security Installer Community

Website Design

Nova-Security

Dreamweaver is def. the best. Page mill is quite good for some bits.

Most professioanl designers, (like myself), use Various programmes as many have features that others do not. Except Frontpage, I don't know of any pro. company using it.

You get what you pay for. Thats why Dreamweaver costs

System Q Ltd.

WHAT? :huh:

I was just trying to say that dreamweaver in the wrong hands could be messy :P

Creating a web page is easy with all the programmes and information available, but putting together a webpage because you can doesn't mean that it will be of any use.

I suppose it depends on what you want a website for, for me I want to attract customers with them and to do that I covered the following but only after years of research and playing;

Graphic design: it needs to look reasonably professional.

Usability: it needs to be easy to use and follow.

Accessibility: it needs to be the same in most browsers and quick to load.

Familiarity: there are set rules for web pages that people expect, certain places for the links, certain actions when something is clicked etc.

Search engine friendly: Search engines need to be able to index your site properly to make sure the pages you have created are meaningful.

Search engine ranking: the site should have a good chance of getting on the first page of search engine results for your specified keywords.

So like I say, if you just want a web page that you can refer people to then it doesn't really matter, if you want your website to generate sales leads then its a completely different story.

I was just trying to say that dreamweaver in the wrong hands could be messy :P

Exactly right, Keep it simple.

Just trying to do my job

• 8 months later...

Dreamweaver and a brother who is better at webdesign than me...

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Another vote here for Dreamweaver........

We did some IT work for a design company recently including supplying copies of Adobe Creative Suite 3. Dreamweaver is bundled in with this, but the rest of the software.....InDesign, PhotoShop etc is just fantastic (especially if you know how to use it!)

Just when I think I've got xml & css sorted, I discover visual web developer.

Oh well, back to sleepless nights again!

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Dreamweaver all the way. i done a HND in multimedia and web design and we used dreamweaver. you have to use a host of other programs and plug-ins if you want to get something professional though. things like colour psychology, graphic design and layout are best not left to guesswork. i got my HND about 5 years ago and cannot remember much about it but dreamweaver do a lot of tutorial books that come with Cd's full of pages ready to tweak.

Archived