Security Installer Community

Audio Verification

One of the things I never really got into was audio verification. Are many of you guys using it ?

Is it getting more popular - or dying off ?

If you are using it now - which manufacturers equipment do you use ?

Thanks in Advance.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Ditto, have worked on the AV panels, but also came across a couple of Galaxys with audio verification in some places. Didn't have much to do with the Galaxys so way of working but there was a module inside designed for the purpose.

The older I get, the faster I was.

Guest ALSEC
Ditto, have worked on the AV panels, but also came across a couple of Galaxys with audio verification in Jessop stores. Didn't have much to do with the Galaxys so way of working but there was a module inside designed for the purpose.

Would love to continue this conversation but it's in a public area..

Have used lots of AV60 in my years and found very good.

Also lots of 3250 and 4250 while at the hex. Found the best audio stuff i have ever seen.

3250 and 4250 are both manufactured by advantor corp in the states. They were branded and sold as SONITROL here in the uk and the UK franchise was aquired by tyco several years ago.

It's a pretty powerfull system the 4250, lots of functionality and all fully programmed and controlled by the ARC :) The audio from them as whistle states above is exceptional when correctly installed and configured. It uses audio for detection as well as for confirmation, several systems I have serviced only have mic's and a contact on the entry door. I don't think they are certified for the new regs though. :(

Sonitrol's wesite is Here

Advantor's website is Here

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived