Security Installer Community

Public Panels

Public Panels  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should we relax our views on the information we give out on publically purchasable alarm control panels.

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care either way.

Your point being?

Most common road deaths are achieved at 43 MPH, you work out the KPH.

my point being that people actually drive their cars themselves eventhou many accidents happen when doing so. --> it is better they kill themselves while tampering their alarm before they kill other people overrunning them with a car. :bruce_h4h:

my point being that people actually drive their cars themselves

don't you need to be trained & then tested if found competent you get a driving licence :rolleyes:

err - havent you seen BWD in telly??!? and some of them have a drivers license..

besides - they give drivers license to women as well. how many you know who actually can drive???

:question:

don't you need to be trained & then tested if found competent you get a ...

:rolleyes:

that's what people here think about coldshirish "Security Installer Card" which is issued by police..

err - havent you seen BWD in telly??!? and some of them have a drivers license..

shoot he's right

besides - they give drivers license to women as well. how many you know who actually can drive???

:question:

:hmm: none

next you'll be telling us that the men of coldshire can drive when its snow's unlike the uk where a half inch of snow and the country stops.

....... However, if I was Joe Public and was looking at this site and I saw that the panel that I just bought off the shelf was being discussed to the point that my next door neighbour could come in and in a matter of seconds could default my alarm, I don't think I would be very happy :fear:

hi vince,

gardtec panels as others have the option to 'lock' or burn in the engineer code, so defaulting will not work if it is thus set up. yes i know 'we' can get over this but not the next door neighbour (unless he is one of us).

to default a panel would require openning it, so causing at least an internal tamper, or a full alarm if set, the rest of the defaulting proceedure will cause the siren to sound, obviously not discussing how its done here :rolleyes:

so i see no conflict

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

As i stated earlier we shouldnt give out technical info let them get it from the company they bought it from as they have made the profit......

COULD YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELVES KNOWING YOU ADVISED SOMEONE TO GO INTO A PANEL WITH 240V AND THEY KILL THEM SELVES ON YOUR ADVICE :ghost: BECAUSE I COULDNT.

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

I think it depends on where you see the forum's future, Dave.

It is obvious that some engineers would prefer the whole forum to be trade-only.

The advantage of having a public side is that it can generate some new business for installers.

The less information that can be given, the less useful the site is to the DIYer group, but then they are probably not likely to employ an installer anyway.

I've found that engineering manuals can be obtained for most alarms to anyone prepared to spend a little time and effort, so continuing not to supply them (for all panels) doesn't really represent a problem for those who want to obtain them.

The site does provide a useful "public service" type function to users like me who just like to inform themselves about alarm systems generally, so they can keep an eye on what their installation company is actually doing!

Whilst I may have made the installers think a bit harder about the system choice, installation and setup than most clients, this has been mutually beneficial, as they now have a satisfied customer who pays the annual maintenance fee and who only sees them at service visits.

Allso

Hopefully when the diy companies get thousands of calls they might think twice about selling the panels. :banned:

lee

hi lee, nice thought but commerce seldom works that way. if jp wants to buy a panel thats fine by me, if he ends up calling in a company to assist, then thats fine by me as he was not likely to buy a system initially. he now has to consult a professional, and thats also fine by me :whistle:

regs

alan

Hopefully when the diy companies get thousands of calls they might think twice about selling the panels. :banned:

lee

hi lee, nice thought but commerce seldom works that way. if jp wants to buy a panel thats fine by me, if he ends up calling in a company to assist, then thats fine by me as he was not likely to buy a system initially. he now has to consult a professional, and thats also fine by me :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

next you'll be telling us that the men of coldshire can drive when its snow's unlike the uk where a half inch of snow and the country stops.

unnecessary to tell that :roflmao:

but it is not only that we have to drive most of the year in such conditions but also studded wheels etc..

COULD YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELVES KNOWING YOU ADVISED SOMEONE TO GO INTO A PANEL WITH 240V AND THEY KILL THEM SELVES ON YOUR ADVICE :ghost: BECAUSE I COULDNT.

lee

no probs with me since i don't advise people to touch electricity. if they do so it is their problem.

Archived