Security Installer Community

Galaxy Keypad Half Working!!

cjd

Hi, I think the termination resistor across terminals A and B should be 680R, that should stop reflections and improve communication.

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

Attached is a pic of the various keypads for the galaxy, only the horrid lumpy thing on the bottom right is encrypted, you do find some of the ones like on the top right also that have encryption.

I'll check my tech data for any issues surrounding them.

Regards

Bellman

post-920-1149185401_thumb.jpg

post-920-1149185980_thumb.jpg

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

as a tempory measure connect the new keypad with a short (less than a meter) bit of cable to the panel and fit the EOL resistor as mentioned above, this should then work, if not then either your keypad or panel is faulty.

There were some issues surrounding the mk4 keypads but that was because of the new firmware, yours is the old one and all should work correctly.

make sure you set the keypad address to the same as one of the working ones first though.

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

connect the new keypad with a short (less than a meter) bit of cable to the panel and fit the EOL resistor

remove all other key pads

Address the suspect key pad to 0

if the pannel accepts it i'd look at how it was addressed in the first place

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Wasn't there something about a 10k resistor needing to be fitted to old keypads when mixing them with something new? Not sure if that was new keypads or new panel though.

On the old keypad there's 2 unsoldered connections near the bottom marked r1 and r2 (I think), and a 10k had to be soldered across them.

Wait for Bellman to clear this up though before trying anything. :hmm:

egg03064.gif

thanks guys for all your help so far, just to let you know bellman, the keypads installed at the mo, are like the one on the bottom left of the picutre(left as u look at the screen!!), and the one i want to install is like the one with //.National Installer.// on the cover(top left). will get hold of some 680 ohm resistors and add that to the end across A & B, and see what happens, will also try the suggesion about the short length of cable and taking off the other keypads and give that a go. You're going to kill me for this next bit (being an installer), but i havn't used belden screened cable for the keypads. Does this make any difference, 1. because the one keypads wiring is in a partition wall, 2. I can't get hold of any belden cable. I've tried the maplin electronics catalogue but can't see anything that's called belden cable. Any ideas where i can get it?

craig.

thanks for that alarm gard, have justfound the site for CPC and type in belden and it's thrown up a huge list of different cables with different cores, sizes & prices!! what is the "normal" bog standard that is used please - sorry to be a pain, but if it means the difference of the system working properly and not, i'd rather get the right one.

Archived