Security Installer Community

Galaxy Keypad Half Working!!

cjd

hi bellman, tried the 47k resistor across A and 0v it didn't work. I still got the *'s when i put a code in, but had a normal display before i put it in. Tried a different keypad number on the selector, put it to "A" and i could manage to put in a code, but it duplicated some of the number, and hence displayed "incorrect code", after a while, it did enter the menus, but when u scrolled through it just went haywire it skipped past them so fast u didn't have time to select an option. Any other ideas??? Craig

See Below

OK, in that case, open up a mk 2 keypad and inside to the right hand side there are 2 sets of via holes.

solder a 4K7 into each one of these holes and then let me know if it helps.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

where exactly are these "via" holes to?, i've seen the inside of the mk2 pcb, and to the right of the black block connector there are blue coloured components(transistors??), think they are labelled TR? - not sure. next to these are 4 holes down the side - are these the ones you mean?? As i have two mk2 RKP's connected so far, do i do this modification to both of them?,and after i've done this and put the "newer" keyapd in, do i still need the 4k7 across "a" and 0volts??

Archived