Security Installer Community

Galaxy Keypad Half Working!!

cjd

well, i'm about to find out if the modifications do work!! i've tried bellman's suggestions, & i have to say, up to now they've been a step in the right direction. I'd vote bellman everytime!!

never had one work...dont know of any mod...would be interested..easier to change the pcb...

Agreed, pcb change is easier than tarting about with the keypads and it's considered a "Hack".

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

i'll give anything a go once if it gets the damn thing working. If i gotta change the PCB, then so be it, but im prepared to give any suggestion a try as i aint got any other ideas myself, and aint got a clue where to get a new PCB.

I'd vote bellman everytime!!

:blush:

Isn't forced to work as I say, but SHOULD work :)

If not we'll do some other things as well.

Regards

Bellman

thanks for that m8 - really appreciate the help. i've done a bit with electronics so have some basic knowledge, but when it comes to alarms - i have to say im not so sure. will let u know how it goes!!

The original fault was with the MK3 keypads, (these look identical to the MK4 ones) but only when added to an installation with existing MK2 keypad (the one with the screw at the bottom).

The correction involved adding 2 4k7 resistors inside the existing mk2 keypad. to pull up and down the b and a lines respectively. I had another member contact me having problems trying to connect a MK4 keypad to a 1.31 panel. The MK2 correction didn't work, but a 4.7 across A and 0 did. I've used the same fix on a number of old MK7 keypads (the ones with the single clip on the bottom) and it works but never on a new en version. if it dosn't work we'll try adding the 2 resistors inside the original mk2 keypads.

Regards

Bellman

tried the mod today..no joy... banghead

OK, in that case, open up a mk 2 keypad and inside to the right hand side there are 2 sets of via holes.

solder a 4K7 into each one of these holes and then let me know if it helps.

I've spoken to the lad I did the last one for today to check I was correct and yes, the mod above is what we did to his to make it work.

Regards

Bellman

Lockable box wired up to the mains :ninja:

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

have not got a mk2 tried with a mk7.....on the subject im currently doing a high school and need the sports hall rkp to be locked out between school hours..ie the angels cant send it into tamper(

Doddle that, program a timer with the desired non functional times in it and let it activate a link that the destination is type "f" which is keypad address.

when the link is active, the keypad listed as the destination in the link will have inactive buttons :)

Although in schools, I tend to find the reason it's in tamper is because they've pinched the keypad... :cry:

It's explained in depth on page 96 of the programming manual.

Regards

Bellman

hi bellman, tried the 47k resistor across A and 0v it didn't work. I still got the *'s when i put a code in, but had a normal display before i put it in. Tried a different keypad number on the selector, put it to "A" and i could manage to put in a code, but it duplicated some of the number, and hence displayed "incorrect code", after a while, it did enter the menus, but when u scrolled through it just went haywire it skipped past them so fast u didn't have time to select an option. Any other ideas??? Craig

Archived