Security Installer Community

Inherited ADT Alarm

Guest targus24

Guest targus24

I've seen similar references on the forums - but I'd be grateful of some advice

Moved into a property with an //.National Installer.// badged alarm system. The manufacturer is Ademco Microtech and judging by the panel casing and the LCD Keypad I think its an Accord XPC.

I inherited the user code from the previous occupant who had a monitoring contract with //.National Installer.//, which was terminated on the sale of the property.

I had a guy from //.National Installer.// come round - but was less than impressed with the sales pitch and price so have not taken out a contract. At the moment if the alarm goes 'off' I would have to contact //.National Installer.// for a reset code. To change this I think I would need the engineers code which i do not have

I'd appreciate some guidance on the following options:

1. Bells Only System

Is this option available to me. If it is whats my next step

2. Monitoring Contract (not //.National Installer.//)

Could I take a monitoring contract out with someone other than //.National Installer.// using this existing equipment.

I live in Stockport - so if I need to consult a professional are there any recommendations.

Hope the above makes sense - appreciate your comments and thoughts :w00t:

Your in our catchment area, we would take this system over only if you intend to to be monitored See us at JB-EYE Tel 0870 905 5550 ask for Ben We have Full maintenance at £25 per month or Standard Maintenance at £160 PA

If you go the bells only route their are a number of companies on this forum also in our localaty that will do this type of system.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jef

Customers!

Guest targus24
Your in our catchment area, we would take this system over only if you intend to to be monitored See us at JB-EYE Tel 0870 905 5550 ask for Ben We have Full maintenance at £25 per month or Standard Maintenance at £160 PA

If you go the bells only route their are a number of companies on this forum also in our localaty that will do this type of system.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jef

37488[/snapback]

Thanks for the info - I may contact you in due course.

I'd appreciate some guidance on the following options:

1.  Bells Only System

Is this option available to me.  If it is whats my next step

2.  Monitoring Contract (not //.National Installer.//)

Could I take a monitoring contract out with someone other than //.National Installer.// using this existing equipment. 

I live in Stockport - so if I need to consult a professional are there any recommendations.

Hope the above makes sense - appreciate your comments and thoughts  :w00t:

37487[/snapback]

Hi,

1. If you decide to go down the bell's only route you may need to have an external sounder installed as I suspect this to be an ex dealership system and they rarely fitted external sirens.

2. Get three quotes for a monitored contract, if you require police response you will only be able to reset the system on 'un-confirmed' activations and the //.National Installer.// rep rightly pointed out about the reset facility this control panel offers.

Any competent installer will be able to default and maintain the accord control panel.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I may be wrong but dont //.National Installer.// rent systems?

I didnt think they sold them outright so a takeover would be a problem.

37534[/snapback]

you can tell by the contract number in most cases...

Guest targus24
you can tell by the contract number in most cases...

37541[/snapback]

Hi Eng,

Could you elaborate - I think I've still got some paperwork which may refer to a contract number.

I've looked at the Accord XPC manual - is there anyway that I could reset the panel to defaults.

ian.cant

I've seen other references to this same issue and it does appear that //.National Installer.// rents out the system. But looking it seems the their rights may lie with the previous owner. I'm not sure if this is legally correct. Seeing as //.National Installer.// came out some months ago - I've not taken out a contract and they have not requested the return of their equipment - I'm hoping they loose some of their rights.

Once again many thanks for all your help / advice

Archived