Security Installer Community

Inherited ADT Alarm

Guest targus24

Hi

If your contract number starts with DL, it was installed by a dealership.

As far as I can gather, if you were sold the premises to include the alarm system, then even if the equipment was leased, it is now owned by you and any recourse from //.National Installer.// should be directed at the original owner.

Yes the panel can be defaulted, but to reprogram and test for correct operation will require a professional.

Regards

Brian

If you don't know......ask.

Guest targus24
Hi

If your contract number starts with DL, it was installed by a dealership.

As far as I can gather, if you were sold the premises to include the alarm system, then even if the equipment was leased, it is now owned by you and any recourse from //.National Installer.// should be directed at the original owner.

Yes the panel can be defaulted, but to reprogram and test for correct operation will require a professional.

Regards

Brian

37596[/snapback]

Thanks for the info Brian,

This seems more a legal question - but anyway you may be able to clarify. The Alarm was obviously in the property and the previous owner gave me the user code but I've just looked at my documents re the purchase the alarm not listed.

Where can I get more info on defaulting the codes - I've seen references to powering down the panel. I'd like to give it a go just to increase my knowledge.

Where can I get more info on defaulting the codes - I've seen references to powering down the panel.  I'd like to give it a go just to increase my knowledge.

37601[/snapback]

We don't give out defaulting information I'm afraid. Better to get someone in to default it and reprogram it for you. It's not really a panel to have a play with, not that any are to be honest.

As Lurch says, we cannot give out information on defaulting equipment.

That's the easy bit anyway! Getting it to work again is what professionals have trained for!

Regarding ownership, I'm pretty sure //.National Installer.// would have no right to come and reclaim the equipment. The terms of the original contract may be expired now (ie The equipment has already been paid for).

I will find out, though, as I'd be interested myself.

You will need to find out what terms the system was installed under, though.(ie lease to buy or just lease)

If you don't know......ask.

Archived