Security Installer Community

Home alarm problems and advice?

Am89

The co seems to be doing things by the book tbf there replaced the panel etc they have offered maybe gsm or red sec on radio for no extra not sure why the phone bills would be excessive as there's no need for op/cl etc and if keyholder only no need for 24hr test maybe the signals are being aborted via the arc

11 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Lol we all wrong

So they want you to replace a wireless panel with another wireless panel 

They want to change the hardwired monitoring over to a wireless monitoring..

and if i cancel the monitoring they want to charge me £150 to change it over to another wall panel... 

I think they mean sticking in a digiair on dial capture or similar to get round their arcs 0844 number, either that or some numbnuts activated start chc sms uptate and doesn't know how to turn it off. 

Op are you maybe resetting the alarm with the code or fob before the arc call you? If you reset it they will see you have reset it and treat it as an abort, a false alarm basically. If you have had a high number of false alarms due to user error the arc may increase the amount of time they wait before calling keyholders, called the filtering time, to wait and see if they receive an abort signal telling them it was just another false alarm. If the alarm goes off frequently either you have faulty equipment, incorrect installation or often user error. Whatever the cause you need to get it sorted as regular false alarms reduce the effectiveness of everyones alarms and causes annoyance.

Make all your correspondance with your company in writing or if its verbal follow it up with an email confirming what was discussed, and build a proper picture of what is going on, if it's systems failure you should be able to get a refund if it's operator error prepare to be hit with a bill.

oops gaz covered a lot of what i said while i had that half typed.

Edited by petrolhead

3 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Lol we all wrong

So they want you to replace a wireless panel with another wireless panel 

They want to change the hardwired monitoring over to a wireless monitoring..

and if i cancel the monitoring they want to charge me £150 to change it over to another wall panel... 

Edited by Am89

But why change panel it can be done with what you have , or the coms won't fit inside it 

I assume you own the existing stuff, so could sell it or they planning to take that to lol

The main thing I'd really like to know is, if I allow the company to change the monitoring from phoneline hard wired to wireless and i don't sign any contract can they tie me into another 2 year contract? 

if I cancel monitoring, from what I've read and been told the panel remains and doesn't need changed.. so I can flat out refuse to pay the £150 They went to change panel? 

Thanks again for the replies. Much appreciated 

As far as I know I own the existing stuff. The lies I've been told are more frustrating that anything else and makes me feel sour towards the company ethics.. 

If my auntie ever finds the original contract I'll know more. She's also requested a duplicate copy. I'm questioning whether she even signed a 2 year contract