Security Installer Community

Openoffice

Smart Electrics

Not bad is an understatement IMO. For home and even small business use I would put it in front of Microsoft Office\Works as it has 90%+ of the features of MS Office Professional and obviously blows Works out of the water.

Just my 2p worth. :)

do you use the database Lurch?

No. Oddly enough, I have a very disorganised and time consuming way of doing things on a PC here, something which I will one day largely automate and save myself hours as I know how to, just waiting for some tuits to come round. :rolleyes:

Not bad is an understatement IMO. For home and even small business use I would put it in front of Microsoft Office\Works as it has 90%+ of the features of MS Office Professional and obviously blows Works out of the water.

Just my 2p worth. :)

Sorry i did mean Microsoft Office

Sorry i did mean Microsoft Office

I haven't tried OpenOffice recently, but last time I looked it had one big failing - no equivalent to Outlook.

Is that still the case - I have to admit to being a fan of Outlook (especially the 2003 version) :)

I've heard that before. I remember reading something about it in PC Pro and they said something. Unfortunately I can't remember what it was but it either said that it had an Outlook equivalent or the parts of, or it said it didn't have an Outlook equivalent.

HTH!

just waiting for some tuits to come round. :rolleyes:

Still waiting for some for home,

Several things that SWMBO wants doing around here have been stopped

through the lack of suficient round tuits. :(

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

I haven't tried OpenOffice recently, but last time I looked it had one big failing - no equivalent to Outlook.

Is that still the case - I have to admit to being a fan of Outlook (especially the 2003 version) :)

Have you tried time & chaos great little contact manager and diary it is very good, version 5 is now freeware and I find it better than outlook although never tried to synchronise it with anything though. Also it can be run on a network without Microsoft exchange server.

Chaos Software

Trade Member

Archived