Security Installer Community

I Hate Wireless!!help

dsw

Hi guys. After some suggestions.I know we all hate wireless cctv on here but i have a problem. We have designed and built a portable cctv system for our local crime link. They share this around the stores in our town to help monitor specific areas in their shops that get targetted. The kit comprises of a dvr in a case with a 15" lcd monitor and two wireless tranwo recievers. The other two channels of the dvr are free for wired cameras. We have just added the second wireless reciever and are having a lot of problems with signal bleed. Even with the recievers on channel 1 and 4, depending on where the aerials are you get the pictures merging or interference. If it was up to me they would be all wired but they want the convenience and ease of wireless. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to eliminate some of this bleed/interference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If not we will have to stick to the one wireless and have 3 wired.

cheers guys

Hi guys.

they want the convenience and ease of wireless.

err??? where is the convenience and ease??!???

i am sorry but i must be very stupid (and everyone else thinking here that i am indeed) but i haven't seen any benefit going on wireless solutions. wireless solutions don't provide any benefits compared to wired ones as far as i know (ofcourse my knowledge is so so so limited and most of people here know better than i do).

ask your customer to change his vehicle to

two wireless tranwo recievers

GigaAir stuff I presume?

They are not a professional range. Speak directly to their UK distributor if it doesn't work.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

err??? where is the convenience and ease??!???

i am sorry but i must be very stupid (and everyone else thinking here that i am indeed) but i haven't seen any benefit going on wireless solutions. wireless solutions don't provide any benefits compared to wired ones as far as i know (ofcourse my knowledge is so so so limited and most of people here know better than i do).

ask your customer to change his vehicle to

Thats your choice mate I am just making use of a gap in the market. I agree Hard wired is most user friendly but there are times when wireless will only be the choice. :unsure:

but do you now see why there is a gap in the first place?

is it not possible to run cat5 cable arround and use the adpaters giving 4 cameras on on cable?, i would possibly have looked at wireless access points placed stategicly, say above several shop fronts, and wireless ip cameras powered by batteries - gives fast easy movement of the kit for your purpose, with little end user knowledge required. worked great in a lage nightclub for me where the boncers carried them arround.

regs

arfur_mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thats your choice mate I am just making use of a gap in the market. I agree Hard wired is most user friendly but there are times when wireless will only be the choice. :unsure:

yes, yes and yeah.

what does an only choice mean?? too lazy to pull cable??

ok - there are needs for mobile solutions but why does people expect the performance equal to wired??!?

accept dis/misfunctionality at any time for any period!! if you promise more you're on your own. hopefully your insurance covers that!

Its not a case of being lazy, in some cases where you are doing a temporary covert install it is not possible to run cables due to the time you get allocated to the area in question, so the only way to go is wireless. We all know hardwired is best but it all depends on the time and the nature of the building.

What annoys me on these forums the guy has asked a question to a wireless CCTV problem and all the answers he gets is wired is better. If you don't know then do not reply........after all he was only looking for help!

!

Hi Jarv,

I have used the Kovert wireless transmitters with 4ch selectable receivers supplied from SystemQ, I struggled to use all 4 channels but only ever needed 3 at a maximum and 2 channels is the norm.

They are well priced and small enough to fit inside housings with the cameras.

Using channel 1 and 4 with their kit was fine, but the cameras should be mounted at least 5 meters away from each other if possible. I also found that if you put a transmitter in between the line of sight of another transmitter and the receiver you get problems.

Archived