Security Installer Community

2 Galaxy Questions

Guest r_keates

Guest r_keates

Hi All,

Got 2 questions regarding a new Galaxy 500 i've just installed - it's a hugely excessive panel but the customer wanted a Galaxy and it's what I could lay my hands on at the time.

1. This is the first Galaxy i've installed on my own, and i'm not entirely sure eaxctly how the strobe should be wired at the panel - there are 3 terminals on the board for the strobe, one seems to be a normally open, and then what seems to be a normally closed pair. Currently the strobe is running constantly. How should these terminals be wired so the strobe doesn't flash when the system is "normal"?

2. Prox tags - I remember when the //.National Installer.// guy came and added some tags to our system at work, he showed me how to do it, but it's been such a long time that i'm not sure what he did now.

I seem to remember he had to put the tag onto the front of the keypad while he was in a menu. This then brought up a big long number on the display which didn't relate to the number on the tag. He also numbered the tags, because he said that the digits on the panel wouldn't match any numbers on the tags, so if someone lost one we needed to make sure we deleted the correct tag from the system.

This only took him about 3 or 4 minutes to do 5 tags. Anyone know this exact procedure, as I really can't remember what to do!

cheers

Rob

I suggest to speak to someone who knows what they're doing as you seem to be out of your depth. Galaxies at the best of times are not easy panels to install and program, and a Galaxy 500 even more so.

They are NOT a diy panel therefore unfortunately we cannot help you further.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Adding tags is fairly easy.

master code then ent

42 ent

display shows 1=user codes

press ent then use a and b keys to scroll to the user u wish to add the tag to.

press ent to select and display will change to 01=modify pin

press 07 and press ent

press the b key untill all existing numbers have been deleted then press a + 1 at the same time and keypad will beep, hold prox tag to lower part of keypad and panel will beep and read the number out of the tag. then press ent to store.

press 08 then ent to select the card held function

press 12 to select timed set then press ent to store

press escape 5 times to return to the time date banner.

as for the strobe, it has it's own output terminal next to the bell output. run a wire from 0v to the common (middle) terminal of the strobe out, then the wire from the strobe itself into the left hand side terminal of the strobe output.

As monteey said above they are not a diy bit of kit and can be a bit tricky at times.

Hope this helps

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest Cyberprog
Adding tags is fairly easy.

master code then ent

42 ent

display shows 1=user codes

press ent then use a and b keys to scroll to the user u wish to add the tag to.

press ent to select and display will change to 01=modify pin

press 07 and press ent

press the b key untill all existing numbers have been deleted then press a + 1 at the same time and keypad will beep, hold prox tag to lower part of keypad and panel will beep and read the number out of the tag. then press ent to store.

press 08 then ent to select the card held function

press 12 to select timed set then press ent to store

press escape 5 times to return to the time date banner.

as for the strobe, it has it's own output terminal next to the bell output. run a wire from 0v to the common (middle) terminal of the strobe out, then the wire from the strobe itself into the left hand side terminal of the strobe output.

As monteey said above they are not a diy bit of kit and can be a bit tricky at times.

Hope this helps

Regards

Bellman

And presumably the strobe output would need to be 0V normal, 12V in alarm condition, sometimes they're set the opposite way round, and need switching arround through the software.

And presumably the strobe output would need to be 0V normal, 12V in alarm condition, sometimes they're set the opposite way round, and need switching arround through the software.

No, It's a relay,

Hence wire from 0v to the middle (common) terminal and strobe switched -ve to the right (n/o) terminal.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Strobe needs -ve to work.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived