Security Installer Community

Advertising

kka

is this business all to do with who you know, rather than what you know. can anybody give me few pointers on how to advertise my business. i already do the local paper, yellow pages and yell.com, also drop leaflets in the immediate area after i finish an alarm, now i would like to try for those new houses being built. where do i find them and how do i go about trying to get a slice of the cake. any pointers would be gratefull :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Jobs for the boys that one!

All ADE kit and one company doing all the main house builders, bit of a closed book!

It is in the SW anyway!

same here, the site sparkies normally throw in a load of ADE or texecom type stuff. the majority of the new builds around here have a blank lyntex box.

Hi

This business like any other depends on who knows you, in the sense of they can't get in touch with you unless they know you exist and why and how. In other words marketing.

You can submit an editorial type article to your local paper complete with photo's of what you do loaded with all the benefits for the would be customer. You could make a special offer to readers of the article with a time limit to take up the offer etc etc.

You present this to the paper as a press release and if they use it it's free advertising for you.

Submitting a photo of you, gives the impression to the press that they will sell more papers (cos all your friends and relatives will want to see your mug in the paper won't they):yes

Best wishes

Vince

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

We have 20 houses with a new build company at the moment and it has been a nightmare from the start. There has been no contact from the foreman to tell us the floors going down and he needs the cables run and well joiners..........they are idiots!!!

Thats only 20 houses so i cant imagine what a site of 100 houses would be like.

!

We have 20 houses with a new build company at the moment and it has been a nightmare from the start. There has been no contact from the foreman to tell us the floors going down and he needs the cables run and well joiners..........they are idiots!!!

Thats only 20 houses so i cant imagine what a site of 100 houses would be like.

Joiners! What about the plasterers. No matter how obvious you try and make out that the cable in the corner of the room needs leaving on the outside of a finished partition, you can guarantee that on every site you'll be digging into walls for the odd cable. I know they do it on purpose.

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

Archived