Security Installer Community

First Monitored System

I've always used plug un digi's or stu's with chips already pre programmed by my boss. This time its for my own personal customer/ friend so Im the one who has to sort it ALL out. Im settiing out on my own soon and this is one more step towards this...

cheers for all help recieved

You might want to go back and read the title.

I am not stupid. But no one sets up an account with an ARC without first understanding about alarms and the industry. Perfectly valid question.

I've always used plug un digi's or stu's with chips already pre programmed by my boss. This time its for my own personal customer/ friend so Im the one who has to sort it ALL out. Im settiing out on my own soon and this is one more step towards this...

cheers for all help recieved

Fair enough. I wouldn't bother with panels that require a plug on digi. Obviously it is convenient to stick with what you know but for future convenience have a look at the GardTec range or similar. It's a lot simpler. And you can then have UDL with the on board modem as well.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Couple of observations.

1/ Karisma (ADE) no longer manufactured i beleive and not to PD 6662.

2/ I got caught replacing this panel with another compliant system but forgot that the existing detectors (same ones i use now) were'nt graded. :hmm:

Now this begs a whole new subject on upgrading existing systems. :yes:

Jef

Customers!

Couple of observations.

1/ Karisma (ADE) no longer manufactured i beleive and not to PD 6662.

2/ I got caught replacing this panel with another compliant system but forgot that the existing detectors (same ones i use now) were'nt graded. :hmm:

Now this begs a whole new subject on upgrading existing systems. :yes:

Jef

Apparently you can write to the manufacturer of the detectors and ask them to certificate those detectors, which they will do as long as they meet the requirements of the grade they are now supposed to be (even if they are no longer made).

Changing a DD:243 (or earlier) panel for an EN one doesn't necessarily mean the whole system has to be upgraded unless you need a new URN.

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Apparently you can write to the manufacturer of the detectors and ask them to certificate those detectors, which they will do as long as they meet the requirements of the grade they are now supposed to be (even if they are no longer made).

I didnt know that

Changing a DD:243 (or earlier) panel for an EN one doesn't necessarily mean the whole system has to be upgraded unless you need a new URN.

Of course but then why bother changing the panel in the first place.

Jef

Customers!

I didnt know that

Of course but then why bother changing the panel in the first place.

Jef

A faulty panel perhaps?

Until they change the prefix

Why would they? They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if no-one can\knows how to\doesn't realise they're not routing calls over the BT network.

It'd be like you changing your number and not telling anyone, only one that loses out is you.

I'm listening... what panels do you use for this? Do you put ARC reciever numbers and customer system numbers in using engineer programming?

Guardall QXi 's or PX range with digi-module. Then you just tell the system that digi is attached, program the ARC receiver number and customer ID.

... I wouldn't bother with panels that require a plug on digi.

i think you would if it is from the same manufacturer than the panel and then you could choose if you want the digi to be PSTN, GSM or BOTH.

Archived