Security Installer Community

First Monitored System

I recommend any Scantronic 9651 9751 9752 9853 I personally like 9752 and 9853 usally for Redcare/GSM. For digi jobs real fast to prog and no hassles. Also descriptions and log viewing are great on laptop. Customer disputes quickly evaporate with a log viewed and saved on laptop attach to invoice no arguments. Best of luck.

Dialling 1280 before a number routes the call over the BT network, overriding any CPS programming that is in place to route calls over another network.

you lost me there..say that in english..or geordie would be better :hmm:

you lost me there..say that in english..or geordie would be better :hmm:

Why aye pet.

Most businesses, and some domestic lines, have CPS (Carrier Pre-Selection). This is where they have BT bill them for line rental only and another provider bills them for cheaper calls. When you dial a number the BT exchange is programmed to route the calls over someone elses network automatically.

Dialling 1280 overrides this and ensures the call is routed over the BT network.

Why aye pet.

Most businesses, and some domestic lines, have CPS (Carrier Pre-Selection). This is where they have BT bill them for line rental only and another provider bills them for cheaper calls. When you dial a number the BT exchange is programmed to route the calls over someone elses network automatically.

Dialling 1280 overrides this and ensures the call is routed over the BT network.

got ya..but why do we get probs when we dont prefix 1280 i take it its the other network being unable to carry the digi tones properly...

why do we get probs when we dont prefix 1280 i take it its the other network being unable to carry the digi tones properly...

Not sure tbh, it's either that or ARC's aren't connected to other networks somewhere along the line.

why not bin the karima and fit a panel with on-board digi modem - no chip programming needed then.

QFA

ive only got one karizma in my lot,and it has its own plug in type digi(flying lead) what digi you using..

Karizma, Karizma+, Karizma UDL have standard plug on foot print only UDL has supports a modem

Most businesses, and some domestic lines, have CPS....

Until they change the prefix

I'm listening... what panels do you use for this? Do you put ARC reciever numbers and customer system numbers in using engineer programming?

I bow to your knowledge o great ones :gimme:

P.S Still waiting for my chip programmer to arrive :angry:

I'm listening... what panels do you use for this? Do you put ARC reciever numbers and customer system numbers in using engineer programming?

I bow to your knowledge o great ones :gimme:

P.S Still waiting for my chip programmer to arrive :angry:

Well, are you not an intruder alarm engineer? How would you normally have programmed signalling on a system?

With any panel that has an onboard digi you just enter the details as you said above.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Well, are you not an intruder alarm engineer? How would you normally have programmed signalling on a system?

With any panel that has an onboard digi you just enter the details as you said above.

You might want to go back and read the title.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived