Security Installer Community

First Monitored System

Hi, I have just opened an account with an ARC and am having fun setting up my first chip.

I arranged for the ARC to programme a chip for me but it got crushed in the post :angry: so I straightened the legs and away I went.

I asked for the chip to be positive applied but I think they cocked up the programming.

When I powered up the system the digi sent intruders and fire signals constantly one after another ( I only sent one of each) and no restores. So I asked for them to reprogramme another chip pos removed. This time it sent the signals I sent but still no restores! All ideas/ tips appreciated :P

BTW it is a Karisma Plus panel with a scantronic plug on digi. According to the manufacturer it should be pos applied on the karisma plus.

I am getting a chip programmer tomorrow to sort it myself.

So when I get the programmer how easy is it to programme chips as far as inputting system numbers etc? What normally gets programmed on the chip apart from tel nos and system nos?

cheers guys I know it'll be easy(er) when I get this first system on its way :whistle:

Don't forget to buy some blank chips too. :rolleyes:

I'd recommend using a spare pre programmed chip too for your first look through. Assuming your using the scanny 7200 or 7300 there's a section called R/Report where you can select restore reporting for your channels, just put a 1(on) or a 0(off) under the channel number. (restores on channels 3, 4 and 7, would be 00110010)

Couple of pointers for you, don't include your location number prefix if your CS uses them, open/close channels are typically the opposite polarity to the rest of the channels (but not always) and put the chip you wanna program into the socket marked COPY not master.

egg03064.gif

Its a scantronic 09056uk 8 channel plug on and the programmer will be 7300uk.

Great info so far ... may want to call one of u guys up if i get lost :P

The Karisma is new installed by me with id plus buscuits so thats ok its just trying to get to know what to programme on the chip so it works ok and then use as a master for future systems.TTFN

Its a scantronic 09056uk 8 channel plug on and the programmer will be 7300uk.

Great info so far ... may want to call one of u guys up if i get lost :P

The Karisma is new installed by me with id plus buscuits so thats ok its just trying to get to know what to programme on the chip so it works ok and then use as a master for future systems.TTFN

had problems with multiple signals a lot..something to do with the tel co..have to put in a 4 digit no before the port tel no..1280 i think but will find out tomorrow exact no..

Dialling 1280 before a number routes the call over the BT network, overriding any CPS programming that is in place to route calls over another network.

Hi cheers for the replies. ARC is UK Monitoring.

At the previous company I worked for we used UK Monitoring, give them a call they are very helpful I have need there help before and they have been obliging.

Paul

Trade Member

Archived