Security Installer Community

Wiring An Adt Bell Box To A Veritas 8

ADEMCO

There is that many on Ebay sold as dummys so most people think it is a dummy

b*****ks

I wouldn't recommend fitting a bell to a Veritas 8. They are designed for sirens. Bells can draw too much power, especially if they are old and potentially defective.

double b******ks

How long had the system been installed in your friends house? had the contract expired?

Before we give you guidence we need to make sure the equipment is legal.

It's not to be construed as personal jibe.

Not going to go over old ground about the boxes because the subject has been done to death before, have a quick search and you'll understand what i mean.

not all //.National Installer.// bells belong to //.National Installer.//....they dont even bother with the ebay ones..how can you prove who they belong too..??if he wants it on his house let him..

What is it with the //.National Installer.// police we have on here, get it through your thick heads that //.National Installer.// sell equipment to the dealers who can do what the hell they like with it.

The guy asked for advice, either give him it or dont respond.

not all //.National Installer.// bells belong to //.National Installer.//....they dont even bother with the ebay ones..how can you prove who they belong too..??if he wants it on his house let him..

I never said they did all belong to //.National Installer.//.

As I said above, it's old ground and I'm not gonna trawl through it again.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Yeh, whatever... Texecom do not recommend bells be fitted to the Veritas panels. :no:

i dont fit texecom..but bell/siren what does it matter its the load that counts..theres plenty of sirens pull more than a bell..

What is it with the //.National Installer.// police we have on here, get it through your thick heads that //.National Installer.// sell equipment to the dealers who can do what the hell they like with it.

The guy asked for advice, either give him it or dont respond.

QFA.

//.National Installer.// would rather see //.National Installer.// on every property, regardless if the bell is legit or not.

Its called avertising and brand awareness.

Hi,

this is just a guess, but I would connect as follows:

H- to D (0v)

H+ to A (12v)

TR to C (tamp)

TS to H- (in the bell box) - I guess this is Tamper Source, and the above is Tamper Return. Although, this could be a trigger

R- to B (bell trigger) ??

ST- to S (Strobe)

If you have a spare gel cell and a multi-meter, I would have a go at connecting as above but to the battery first and monitor the current as you go.

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

Most people around here recognise //.National Installer.// bell boxes as being a monitered system and to keep well away. I live in a very rural area so it all helps.

Sorry, but most intruders probably wont give a cack if theres an //.National Installer.// box on your house. If they want something inside it that badly, they will get it. A decent bell box with indicating lights is likely to be a good enough detterent, with a couple of loud internal sounders to drive them out aswell.

Hi,

this is just a guess, but I would connect as follows:

H- to D (0v)

H+ to A (12v)

TR to C (tamp)

TS to H- (in the bell box) - I guess this is Tamper Source, and the above is Tamper Return. Although, this could be a trigger

R- to B (bell trigger) ??

ST- to S (Strobe)

If you have a spare gel cell and a multi-meter, I would have a go at connecting as above but to the battery first and monitor the current as you go.

Andrew

Don't forget he wants to use the existing bell aswell, so the tamper circuit would need wiring differently for two bells.

We'd need to know what connections are in the other box first

Trade Member

Archived