Security Installer Community

Wiring An Adt Bell Box To A Veritas 8

ADEMCO

Hi, I have a Veritas 8 control pannel fitted with an old //.National Installer.// sab(bell type) box and also an A1 bell box.

I would like to replace the A1 box, so have purchased a brand new //.National Installer.// sab box(twin siren type) It is made by Elmdene and is a 7422-EN grade three siren. I'm just a wee bit stumped with the wiring to the Veritas 8, so maybe someone could help? In the Veritas control pannel I have the following wiring ports:

S

D

C

B

A

-L

+S

-AUX

+AUX

SW+

Zones 1-8

T

R

In the //.National Installer.// box, the wiring ports are:

H-

H+

BAT-

FAULT

REM TEST

ENG

TR

TS

R-

ST-

So how would I wire it in?? Any ideas. The system is fitted with 12 core cable for the bell box's.

May I ask where you got the new box from?

Regards

Bellman

I purchased it from a friend who had a full //.National Installer.// system fitted then he moved house and paied //.National Installer.// for the cost of the system. So he now owns all parts fitted.

Yes I did buy an old one through Ebay ages ago, but had the chance to get a newer one from a friend through legit terms. So decided to buy it to improve my security(must be better than the old A1 box I thought) How dare you say that it sounds like a rehearsed answer. It is not! I simply ask for guidence in fitting this box and all I get is nonesense! What is happening to this site?

There is that many on Ebay sold as dummys so most people think it is a dummy

Most people around here recognise //.National Installer.// bell boxes as being a monitered system and to keep well away. I live in a very rural area so it all helps.

Yes I did buy an old one through Ebay ages ago, but had the chance to get a newer one from a friend through legit terms. So decided to buy it to improve my security(must be better than the old A1 box I thought) How dare you say that it sounds like a rehearsed answer. It is not! I simply ask for guidence in fitting this box and all I get is nonesense! What is happening to this site?

How long had the system been installed in your friends house? had the contract expired?

Before we give you guidence we need to make sure the equipment is legal.

It's not to be construed as personal jibe.

Not going to go over old ground about the boxes because the subject has been done to death before, have a quick search and you'll understand what i mean.

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived