Security Installer Community

Hi From Kent - Cctv Advice

Guest matopia

Silent Witness (Honeywell Video) dome cameras are Sledgehammer proof, allthough ive never tried this is what they claim so they will handle bottles rocks etc. You can get DAY / Night cameras in this range also as i have one, although they are quite expensive. Also it will nee IR lighting or floodlighting, you may be able to get away with a floodlight for the front of your property on a PIR and and IR lamp (probably a spot, or medium beam) for over the road.

Dean

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Guest rjbsec
I could sell you a Vantage Sony chiped true day/night dome with ir leds& vf lense, (mounted at street level you will get a good view of this side of the road and dependant on obstructions not to bad the other side (picture small and wont be lit))

And an entry level dvr which would give you seven days of very good recordings, lan, and remote view, (fixed ip required)

All the psu's and cable and unlimmitted tech support for around

pete would you not recomend using a dvr with cd-w LJD do a 4 channel dedicated lite model with cd-w and and lan features and not use a combi tv. This could then be patched into the main living room tv for veiwing or a tv in the master bedroom.

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

Guest matopia
I could sell you a Vantage Sony chiped true day/night dome.

When you say Vantage Sony true day/night dome, can you give me an example of one or spec sheet of the device? (what it offers, range etc) Why is it chipped? As opposed to something that is not chipped? What does that mean?

(mounted at street level you will get a good view of this side of the road and dependant on obstructions not to bad the other side (picture small and wont be lit))

What does mounted at street level mean? How high up on the wall?

What does picture small and won't be lit mean?

I'll certainly have a think about your offer. :)

cheers,

Mike

Why is it chipped? As opposed to something that is not chipped? What does that mean?

All cameras are chipped, basically referring to the chip doing the work in the camera (a la PC CPU type of thing). So a Vantage with Sony chip is a Vantage branded camera with Sony chip.

Guest matopia
Entry level DVR

An essential item for CCTV systems.This 160gig hard disk, 4 camera digital recorder with CD writer to put evidence on to give to the police. It is ideal to replace old video machine recorders.Can be swapped over in ten minutes. Network connection supported.There are no tapes to change daily and gives higher quality digital images. This unit can record 4 cameras at once and can record for several weeks depending on the number of frames per second you require. Can be programmed to re- record over disk from the beginning again automatically when full, simply switch on and forget!

Flippin eBay, but not a bad little unit.

and a couple of these should do.

eBay Again

post-1-1136223601.jpg

I had a look at that DVR, and it's ideal.. I really like it.

And you think those dome cameras are fine for my purpose. I was surprised at their price.

That DVR is fairly descent, and manufactured by LJD as mentioned above in Pete's post.

As for the camera, well i'm in the process of deciding wether to get one myself, or try out these cheaper Sharp based one's.

eBay listing for the Sharp (or is it sony) Day/Night Cam

post-1-1136232238_thumb.jpg

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest matopia
I'd steer clear of the IP cameras for now. for what you can buy a semi-decent IP camera for you can get a decent conventional camera and DVR with LAN.

Obviously if you are going to use 2 cameras then this price gap will increase making it seem even more un-feasible economically.

NC1601-2.jpg

Right, I am still staying clear of IP Cameras but found this on gadspot.co.uk and for 328GBP was thinking Is there something wrong with it? Almost half the price of that dome IP camera I was originally looking at, and it's Pan & Tilt. Of course it does not have to be pan and tilt, but I was just wondering.

Archived