Security Installer Community

Hi From Kent - Cctv Advice

Guest matopia

Guest matopia
Tell me about it!! They are a pain in the 'arris

Why do spiders like them so much? Is it because there is a flap over the front of the glass or are they just show offs and like to be in front of the camera? :P

Why do spiders like them so much? Is it because there is a flap over the front of the glass or are they just show offs and like to be in front of the camera? :P

warmth from the LED's

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Please do Tubularowl...

What IR camera do you currently have? Are you using Geovision software? How big is a big hard drive? What DVR card did you get?

I haven't decided yet what to buy. Too much choice out there.

cheers,

Mike

I agree, the more i look at the more confused I get. Software wise I'm using pico2000 which is ok and came with the DVR card and a 80 gig HD and a 6 gig back up for things I want to save.

Guest matopia

Decision time as I have just been vandalised again for the 3rd time in two months. I managed to get some grainy looking photos of the thugs, which will not help the police, so it is imperative that I get a camera than can do just that and soon. I am also very concerned about these vandals trying to take the camera down with a stone or brick, although that is just me.

I am still confused as to what to buy but keeping my searches to a 1/3" Sony Ex-View HAD CCD, as I understand they are the best.

So far this is what I have been looking at.

==> Please Please Please tell me if these are good for the job and if they are good cameras.

Internal & External IP67 Pan Tilt and Digital Zoom: 1/3" Sony Ex-View HAD CCD, TVL 470 (Colour), 520 (B&W), 0.01Lux (F#/1.2 f=4mm), Vari-Focal 4-9mm Auto Iris (x3 Digital Zoom).

==> What else would I need to buy in order to get this camera working how it should?

BlackVandalPTZ.jpg

Vandal Dome with True Day/Night Module, Vari-Focal Lens, 1/3" Sony EXview HAD CCD, TV-Line: COL: 480, B/W: 520, 0.01 Lux (F/1.2), 4mm-9mm Auto Iris / IR Fixed.

vandaldome.jpg

With both the cameras above I need extra light. Is that true? I have bought a sensor light, would this be enough, obviously only coming on when there is movement.

Then I've looked at the mounted day/night camera such as the following, Not sure if this is a good idea.

==> One of these: 45CSHR-24L, True Day & Night High performance 1/3" Sony EXVIEW HAD CCD, Universal C/CS lens mounting mechanism, 500 TV Lines high resolution, Excellent Lux performance of 0.001 Lux / F1.2

45C.jpg and put it in the following case363_m.jpg therefore it's protected from the weather and it has IR's for light. Am I correct in that analysis or do I need more light? I am installing a auto sensor light that switches on when motion in front of it. Of course this leave the camera on a bracket and open to vandalism.

IR x 49ea-CC70CSHRX-4IR

Sony EXVIEW HADA CDD

Fixed focal 4.3mm, 8mm, or 12mm lens

CC70CSHR-IR_small.jpg

0 Lux at no illumination

850nm (long range) IR LEDs x 49ea

12VDC/ 1A required for high power IR

cable attached with waterproof connector

==> What do you think UK Security Community?

And then there is a small matter of a DVR. I am wanting one that can record for a week and then restart & record over existing Hard Disk and has access ports to either a LAN or a CDRW. Nothing fancy, just something that can do the job and offer me a choice so I can hand evidence to the police if the need arises.

==>Any ideas please?

cheers ,

Mike

Decision time as I have just been vandalised again for the 3rd time in two months. I managed to get some grainy looking photos of the thugs, which will not help the police, so it is imperative that I get a camera than can do just that and soon. I am also very concerned about these vandals trying to take the camera down with a stone or brick, although that is just me.

I am still confused as to what to buy but keeping my searches to a 1/3" Sony Ex-View HAD CCD, as I understand they are the best.

So far this is what I have been looking at.

==> Please Please Please tell me if these are good for the job and if they are good cameras.

Internal & External IP67 Pan Tilt and Digital Zoom: 1/3" Sony Ex-View HAD CCD, TVL 470 (Colour), 520 (B&W), 0.01Lux (F#/1.2 f=4mm), Vari-Focal 4-9mm Auto Iris (x3 Digital Zoom).

==> What else would I need to buy in order to get this camera working how it should?

BlackVandalPTZ.jpg

Vandal Dome with True Day/Night Module, Vari-Focal Lens, 1/3" Sony EXview HAD CCD, TV-Line: COL: 480, B/W: 520, 0.01 Lux (F/1.2), 4mm-9mm Auto Iris / IR Fixed.

vandaldome.jpg

With both the cameras above I need extra light. Is that true? I have bought a sensor light, would this be enough, obviously only coming on when there is movement.

Then I've looked at the mounted day/night camera such as the following, Not sure if this is a good idea.

==> One of these: 45CSHR-24L, True Day & Night High performance 1/3" Sony EXVIEW HAD CCD, Universal C/CS lens mounting mechanism, 500 TV Lines high resolution, Excellent Lux performance of 0.001 Lux / F1.2

45C.jpg and put it in the following case363_m.jpg therefore it's protected from the weather and it has IR's for light. Am I correct in that analysis or do I need more light? I am installing a auto sensor light that switches on when motion in front of it. Of course this leave the camera on a bracket and open to vandalism.

IR x 49ea-CC70CSHRX-4IR

Sony EXVIEW HADA CDD

Fixed focal 4.3mm, 8mm, or 12mm lens

CC70CSHR-IR_small.jpg

0 Lux at no illumination

850nm (long range) IR LEDs x 49ea

12VDC/ 1A required for high power IR

cable attached with waterproof connector

==> What do you think UK Security Community?

And then there is a small matter of a DVR. I am wanting one that can record for a week and then restart & record over existing Hard Disk and has access ports to either a LAN or a CDRW. Nothing fancy, just something that can do the job and offer me a choice so I can hand evidence to the police if the need arises.

==>Any ideas please?

cheers ,

Mike

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your continued problems. I know how distressing it can be. On your question of DVR

I got a 40 quid computer with monitor +XP off Ebay, a tenner for a DVR card, the pico2000 software came with the DVR card and an 80g H/D for

• 3 weeks later...
Guest matopia

Hi there All,

Just an update as I haven't been on here for a while... I eventually got a DVR from RF Concepts, and it's working perfectly. Just what I needed, so many thanks to everyone who suggested I go there. I ended up buying the R200 (250GB drive) with USB Backup. The DVR supports up to 2 TB. It's got all the bells and whistles that I need, network support, motion detection, scheduling, remote access, security, sensor and Pan and Tilt if I ever had one of those cameras. Delivery from RF Concepts was outstanding (less than 2 days), and it came via courier. so I was very impressed.

The CCTV camera that I eventually got was from Henry's. It was a black and white high resolution (600TVL) internal camera to be used through a window. What surprised me the most was the actual size of the camera. It was tiny. I phoned them and placed an order, and their service was excellent. The guy on the phone was brilliant and extremely helpful and even threw in a couple of useful cables and connectors. So I have been raving about them ever since.

I didn't buy any cables because I had a couple of spare RCA cables, but I did need a visit to Maplin for some BNC to Phono connectors. That shop has an incredible selection of adapters, cables, joiners etc.

I spent most of today getting the camera up and positioned and running, and tested it a couple of times during the day and tonight. It really works well in daylight and with my sensor light from B&Q it works really well at night. I also have a better understanding how lens sizes (e.g 8mm opposed to 12mm) works. I can see the differences in the angle of view. I will definitely be getting a second or even third camera, now that I can see the advantage of them. Might even monitor the back of my property.

One thing I have noticed, which is quite surprising. The kids that use to hang around and cause trouble, don't like that light, and tend to move on quickly. We've had some good laughs watching them scurry through the beam.

Finally a real BIG THANK YOU to UK Security Community. Without you help throughout January/Febryuary, I would never be where I am today. :yes:

cheers,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

if you have street light forget infra red just use true day night cameras, colour by day and black and white by night. together with an ljd 4 channel dvr, power supply and a tv with a scart input you can get the whole gear for NO TRADE PRICES ON THE PUBLIC FORUM !if you're trade double that if you're not.

Archived