Security Installer Community

Wiring A Door Bell To Alarm System

Guest heliart

Guest IM_Alarms

I found that with a Menvier panel the push needs to make contact for about 200mS and not everyone pushes for that length of time, so don't bother. just buy a real door bell. :yes:

I found that with a Menvier panel the push needs to make contact for about 200mS and not everyone pushes for that length of time, so don't bother. just buy a real door bell. :yes:

unless you fit a galaxy and you can choose how long each circuit takes to operate....

Guest heliart
I found that with a Menvier panel the push needs to make contact for about 200mS and not everyone pushes for that length of time, so don't bother. just buy a real door bell.

I'm installing a Texecom Premier 88, and I have wired a doorbell up. I designed a simple latching circuit for the actual door bell itself (Small box on the well inside the front door), that provides a NC input to the panel and opens when the door bell is pushed, regardless of the duration.

Seems to work OK, but I'm still commissioning the system.

My first DIY install, and the good news is, not one wire showing, and I'm using 15 zones.

cheers,

Steve

Its the ATI8000. Not such a bad panel once you get your head round it.

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

Guest elvis123
I'm installing a Texecom Premier 88, and I have wired a doorbell up. I designed a simple latching circuit for the actual door bell itself (Small box on the well inside the front door), that provides a NC input to the panel and opens when the door bell is pushed, regardless of the duration.

Seems to work OK, but I'm still commissioning the system.

My first DIY install, and the good news is, not one wire showing, and I'm using 15 zones.

cheers,

Steve

I have just installed (with the help of this forum) a Texecom Premier 48 and I have been debating if I should add the door bell to it. I have 6 core wire already coming out of the front house brickwork, need to investigate if there are any good waterproof door bells available (hopefully with built in Temper proof). Also, it would have been nice to have the intercom feature built in the Texecom premier keypad, as that would put the icing on the cake, buy adding a door intercom.

I have a Texecom Premier 48, and have been looking at doing this as well, but I think Steve has the right idea, personally, I don't like the idea of running a cable directly from the alarm outside of the house. I think it would be better to use a completely separate circuit opening a relay (whose contact are connected to the alarm). That way, significant isolation is provided between the outside and the alarm, and no tamper circuit would be required.

Incidentally, with the Texecom, are you using the Autochime feature (with custom 2A) so that the chime function couldn't be turned off by accident (that could be annoying)?

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

Archived