Security Installer Community

Wiring A Door Bell To Alarm System

Guest heliart

Guest heliart
Incidentally, with the Texecom, are you using the Autochime feature (with custom 2A) so that the chime function couldn't be turned off by accident (that could be annoying)?

I have my door bell system working really well, been in place for 4 months now with no issues, but as you state, it's possible to disable chimes view the keypads.

I don't think I really understand the ideal of the Autochime feature, and the custom outputs to override this. Anyone have a good insight?

I was trying to think of a few good examples of using the custom outputs, but could not come up with any real world example.

Comments very welcome?

Im using custom outputs to bring on the hall light for 30 seconds during entry and if a smoke detector activates.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest heliart

OK, I get the idea now, and very useful it is, in fact, I've just changed some of my sounder outputs to use them, and it works very well.

But, I'm unable to get the Auto Chime to work correctly.

I've got the chime area set up for Auto Chime, but there's some confusion in the manual.

Auto Chime (C2A) - I Assume this means Custom Output 2, Stage A.

But the text in the manual states "Custom Output 1, Stage A" is ON.

I'll talk with Texecom Tuesday, but anyone ever used the Auto Chime feature and have it working?

cheers.

Archived