Security Installer Community

Good Pir For Use In A Garage?

andyhodson

But it also depends on the environment of the garage. Every garage is different.

Everyone has there own opinion.

Maybe i was a bit strong in saying Standard pirs are useless in a garage environment.

djrock

with all due respect you have no experience of being an engineer so saying a pir is not suitable for a garage(either domestic or workshop type garage) is wrong...remember wind/draughts and big air heaters cause air turbulence which trips mw signals..then the pir is on its own..

Fit a Dual technology sensor.... All makes are O.K. but get the best you can afford, then set the range of the microwave to minimum and if the PIR has adjustable pulse count, set it to maximum and you sould be O.K. ........ and if possible, don't point it at the draught.

Alternatively, buy a new garage! :yes:

set to min you lose coverage,pulse count :no::no: just prog it triple knock its the same :fear: ..if you have to do that you have specd the wrong detector..

with all due respect you have no experience of being an engineer so saying a pir is not suitable for a garage(either domestic or workshop type garage) is wrong...remember wind/draughts and big air heaters cause air turbulence which trips mw signals..then the pir is on its own..

OK OK I take it back "Standard pirs are useless in a garage environment.

" :cry::)

So what standard pir would you fit in a garage then?

djrock B)

OK OK I take it back "Standard pirs are useless in a garage environment.

" :cry::)

So what standard pir would you fit in a garage then?

djrock B)

personally id fit the 220 now replaced byt the ir200 a top pir with standard or harsh enviroment settings..for really bad enviroments id fit the aritech sonic/pir the best detector out there by far..of course thats my opinion but ive never seen a aritech sonic fa yet..but if i really had my way and they would make them for intruder detection id fit opals....now thats a pir.., :yes:

a good pir will work as well as any dt in a a garage..why oh why do people see dt's as the answer to everthing....ive got a ir 220 in my garage with no probs...remember dt's false alarm everyday it not what you fit its where you fit it...id choose a good pir over a average dt anyday..

QFA.............. like eng says. But will differ on choice of PIR Optex RX40Q

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Now i would fit a Napco Dual Tech and set it up correct.

I have never realy have any problems from the above detector.

Saying that i have fitted IR 220B and Wonder x CX60 pirs in garages years ago and never had problems with them.

Have fitted lots of Crow Genius detectors in out houses and sheds likes. Never had a problem with those.

I've fitted OptexLX-402's in greenhouses at a large garden centre and again, I can't fault em. IP54 too so should resist Hull being lost to the sea for a short while due to global warming lol.

ACE.gif

• 5 weeks later...

i've have used the excellent rokonet pet pir's in garages ftited with up & over doors, lofts and conservatories without any f.a's.

but if i was pushed i'd go with Optex DT's or quads.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived