Security Installer Community

NSI approval should I or shouldn't I?

ant_cctv

I have been running a CCTV installation company for ~18 months and am considering going for Nacoss systems silver.

We do not install alarms/fire alarms/access control nor do we supply key holding / guarding services.

We simply install CCTV.

Obviously having the logo on the van / letterheads will look good and give us credibility but is it worth the expense.

I would be interested in getting into sevicing cctv systems for larger clients. would nacoss help with this.

Any comments / experiences appreciated.

I think it is very rare for a potential CCTV client to ask for a quote from an SSAIB/NSI firm. Yes, I am sure the badge will add credibility but not sure if it will benefit in any other way. Why don't you ask NSI if they have many companies on their books that are registered solely for CCTV.

If you are continually quoting against non-accredited firms then perhaps becoming NSI would be a plus as you could use it as a sales aid.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Why don't you ask NSI if they have many companies on their books that are registered solely for CCTV.

Just looked in the NSI member book and there is quite a few, supprised me. There are even loads of just fire companies which i can understand due to the the neg regs on fire.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course we wouldnt have any of them if we didnt do a fantastic job, for a fair price.

Didnt wakefield have the jobs and NSI before you bought the company pete

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Of course we wouldnt have any of them if we didnt do a fantastic job, for a fair price.

Didnt wakefield have the jobs and NSI before you bought the company pete

Very true, But they must have gained some new customers since "the Professor" took over :lol:

• 2 years later...

to go for approval now you get approval for alarms, access and cctv (all grouped rather than individual as before). if you intend to purely stay CCTv then i wouldn't bother. I think in all the years i have been doing this i have been asked for nacoss approval on a cctv system once.

the only reason i would do it was if the additional money you would make by becoming NSI approved wold cover the NSI costs and then some.

but thats just my opinion

Archived