Security Installer Community

Gardtec locked code query

Allso

I'll have another go as suggested, as the master code has not reset whenever I tried. Perhaps I'll get lucky. Its a pity the goddam bell has to ring every time. Although I think I could work a way around that, I'm not keen to start doing more fiddling as I'm afraid of damaging something.

Step away from the panel, put down the tools and get yourse;f a new maint. agreement sorted.

There's no need for you to start trying to open up panels and default codes and should have never been advised or assisted to.

....should have never been advised or assisted to.

My decision, at the end of the day, to have a go - no one else at fault. No one actually advised opening the panel, and I obtained the manual through my own efforts - it was not provided by anyone on here.

Anyway - I think its time to put the issue to bed.

As I said before, I'll get the original company to change the code, and then get a new company in.

Signing off now,

Allso

Hi, if you'd like to post your location I'm sure one of us on here could help. If it's a 593 with a locked in code your laughing! Are you really sure that the modem function is not enabled?? If it is then it would be possible for one of us to dial in and do the job for you.... if there is a phone line connected to the panel then we can tell you... or suggest how to enable the panel to turn on the modem functions with the code still locked so that we can reset it for you.

Have you decided on a new company or is that something that your still looking into at the moment, as there are installers here from all over the UK and beyond who might offer you a good service and there may even be a local installer in your area.

If you require any other help on this one just ask but it will have to be a private arrangment between yourself and an installer off here as the site won't be held liable for the above should you need it to take place... regards Mav

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

At the risk of insulting everyone

Hi also, get the existing company to change their engineer code to something you are informed of,

Fantastic why not silk screen engineer pin code on the external bell cover

If a client stops paying before the contract ends, what can you actually do? - are you really going to take the time to sue them so that they will pay up, or so bailiffs can go in and take the equipment out!!

Anyone who runs a small business soon learns that the time and effort spent pursuing a debt has to be balanced carefully against the size of the debt, otherwise you end up worse off.

Yes read the small print.

You just have to make sure as a company you offer them a good service and then they wont need to look elsewhere.

This site

At the risk of insulting everyone

Fantastic why not silk screen engineer pin code on the external bell cover

Don't be stupid, it was a perfectly reasonable and widely actioned process.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Ta Mavrick - I'm concerned that people who might want to help are going to get into trouble if I continue this topic here, so I'll stick with sorting it privately.

Allso

You cant get anybody in to trouble, i was under the impression you where taking a system over, did not read the post correctley my apologies.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived