Security Installer Community

Home cctv installation

Guest deefadog

It also looks as though it cant record and playback at the same time, although this is probably not a problem in a domestic situation.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest deefadog

When you mean record and playback at the same time, do you mean it can't record and view the image on the tv at the same time or can't record and view something recorded ealier at the same time?

If it's the later, then i would not need that like you suggest

cheers

Been doing a bit of research, i looked at quite a few sites but rfconcepts seemed to be the best looking machine with what i need - here

Is this any good? will be £241 including delivery and VAT

And just to make it clear, for motion detection to work i either need a camera with a built in pir or a seperate pir yes? Infere red

The video out put has - 2CH(Monitor,VCR)/4CH Loop Out.  Does this mean i can take the out put on a coax cable as an RF signal to a booster box in the attic and have the image on all my tv's?

Thansk for any help!

70524[/snapback]

The 720NM will allow you to connect to a PC to get the images from the DVR I believe. then you can burn the video onto a cdr/dvd if you have a writer.

Guest deefadog

The original one i found has a vcr output, could i not just play the bit i need from the dvr (if i had to show evidence) and recod that on my vcr to tape?

Thanks

The original one i found has a vcr output, could i not just play the bit i need from the dvr (if i had to show evidence) and recod that on my vcr to tape?

Thanks

70574[/snapback]

Most likely yes, although it will be a composite signal so you will need a scart input or video input on the vcr, not the RF/Aerial

Guest deefadog

I see, problem solved then :)

Antone know that DVR from rfconcepts is a good make and that rfconcepts are a good reliable company?

Also anywhere else i could get it cheaper?

To view the cameras on all your TVs, you need to put the output of the dvr thru a modulator which you connect to the aerial input on your TV distribution system. This will allow you to put the dvr on a TV channel, whatever is on the dvr monitor will also then be available to your TVs.

Guest deefadog

Thanks guyz, i think i'll go for this one then, i already have an rf modulator, so the only thing i need to get know are the cameras!

If i understand it correctly the motion detection is activated via pixel change on the camera, so any camera would work yes?

If so i will experiment and order some cheap ones from ebay - there is a day/night one at 480 tvlines for £35 deliverd, worth a shot, if i am happy it same me money :) if not well i'll flog it back and i have not lost much :)

Also is there any connection i shouild avoid, most of them from what i can see are phono connections?

Also does the dvr power the cameras?

Archived