Security Installer Community

Home cctv installation

Guest deefadog

Connection? Just plug it all in, as long as they're some sort of shielded connector, suh as phono, BNC etc..., then it'll all be fine for home use. Just make sure you make a tidy job of connecting everthing up and don't damage cables on installation or pull plugs of wires as you're sticking them through walls.

The cameras will be powered from a seperate supply, usually 12VDC but check. Some might come with a power supply, some might not. If they do then that's easy enough but if not then you have 2 options. One is to run a 0.75mm 2 core flex or similar to each camera and wirte them all to a central PSU or use a plug in PSU at each camera location.

For either of these methods make sure you check current ratings on cameras and power supplies.

Guest deefadog

Thanks Lurch!

I think the best will be to run a 0.75mm 2 core flex or similar to each camera and wirte them all to a central PSU like you say!

I'll let you all know when i get it all working (hopefully)

Thanks again for all you help, great palce! No doubt i'll be back with more questions! and hopefully may be able to answer other similar people's questions!

Take care

Archived