Security Installer Community

Home cctv installation

Guest deefadog

Thanks Rich, I'll do some research on the DVR's first as i have limited knowledge of them.

Yes i do have a pc, and i am a stickler for backups :)

With the dvr system, would i be able to view each camera on my TV's throught the house?

Have a good weekend btw :)

70427[/snapback]

For connecting the dvr to the house TV's what I would do is use an RF convertor on the monitor output of the DVR, and set the DVR to quad display, that way you would only need one RF convertor and you would get a split screen view of all cameras, or whatever view you selected on the DVR, if you wanted to have each camera on their own seperate channel, then look for a dvr with video inputs with outputs/loop through, then connect an RF modulator to each.

You may find a DVR that when it detects motion on the camera will not only record that camera but will also display that camera to full screen on the output monitor.

Guest Rockford
With the dvr system, would i be able to view each camera on my TV's throught the house?

70427[/snapback]

Well, provided it has a "spot" output, you can get a cable which is BNC one end and composite the other and shove it in to your TV's composite input (if you've got one). The socket on your TV looks like a yellow phono socket. Just check that you've got one.

I don't think it'll be that easy to get that feed to other TVs without an amplifier on an elaborate bus topology... Not an issue however, if the DVR you buy has multiple spot outputs...

Have a good W/E!

System Q do a box called Advanced Vision. It is old technology now but still good for domestic.

1 unit in the attic to which you can connect and power 4 x cameras. This unit has a modulator which puts the 4 cameras on a TV channel.

Cameras can be selected by a wireless keyfob from anywhere in the house or controlled by external PIRs.

Also it can control the video by a seperate box that receives its signal down the coax.

We used to fit lots of these.

Very convenient as all cabling either external or in attic.

Surprised Paul from System Q hasn't replied to this thread.

Guest deefadog

Been doing a bit of research, i looked at quite a few sites but rfconcepts seemed to be the best looking machine with what i need - here

Is this any good? will be £241 including delivery and VAT

And just to make it clear, for motion detection to work i either need a camera with a built in pir or a seperate pir yes? Infere red

The video out put has - 2CH(Monitor,VCR)/4CH Loop Out. Does this mean i can take the out put on a coax cable as an RF signal to a booster box in the attic and have the image on all my tv's?

Thansk for any help!

And just to make it clear, for motion detection to work i either need a camera with a built in pir or a seperate pir yes? Infere red
No, its built into the DVR, forget PIR's etc, forget IR.
Does this mean i can take the out put on a coax cable as an RF signal to a booster box in the attic and have the image on all my tv's?

No again, it will not give you an RF signal output, it will give you a composite output which you will need to put into a modulator to be able to view it on a TV system.

Guest deefadog

Hi when you say "No, its built into the DVR, forget PIR's etc, forget IR. "

How does the dvr know when motion is in front of the camera if there are no motion detectors?

Thanks

Looks ok, but it has no CD writer so you will not be able to archive any recordings without another method of recording, such as a VCR.

Buy one with a CD writer built in then the problem is solved and it doesnt get messy.

Archived