Security Installer Community

Help With My First System!

Guest graale00

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't the new reg's stipulate parallel so the PA's are for certain, sort of confirmed!

68858[/snapback]

So when you are being beaten by Mr Masked Man with a shotgun you have two press two PAs, i wonder how they would do the confirmed bit on PAs.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Don't the new reg's stipulate parallel so the PA's are for certain, sort of confirmed!

68858[/snapback]

Can't possibly be right....can it?

What if you had say 6 tills with PA's, but only 2 with staff on........you gotta go round and press all 6 buttons???!!

If you don't know......ask.

Guest graale00

Must of meant the Two-Push PA's.

I'm gonna get me some single push buttons for the house though I think, save 2 quid don't it!

Cheap Bas**ard I hear you all whisper.

I'm looking for a scanny 9448 with the built in keypad if anyone knows of a good price??

Guest roonster

Please if you're gonna give advice be sure you are correct!!) [/color]

68785[/snapback]

hmmm im sure thats what i wrote. smeone must have changed it.

Guest Peter James
Please if you're gonna give advice be sure you are correct!!) [/color]hmmm im sure thats what i wrote. smeone must have changed it.

Why would anyone want do do that?

Guest graale00

Hello All,

The attatchment is what we have in mind for our house with all zones etc, please excuse the **** drwaing I did it on Powerpoint.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated, if confidence is a problem PM me your thoughts.

cheers Alex.

post-5784-1127253166_thumb.jpg

Hello All,

The attatchment is what we have in mind for our house with all zones etc, please excuse the **** drwaing I did it on Powerpoint.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated, if confidence is a problem PM me your thoughts.

cheers Alex.

68939[/snapback]

nice drawing..wish install would leave something like that.. :yes:

68939[/snapback]

Personally, I would use a panel with at least 16 zones, split the existing PA buttons and contacts onto their own zones and add PIR's to the kitchen and hall.

I may (don't know for sure without looking) scrap the contacts on windows and use PIR's in the rooms instead.

why do you wear glasses then.. :whistle:  ;)

68961[/snapback]

Someone once told him they made him look sexy. ;)

Personally, I would use a panel with at least 16 zones, split the existing PA buttons and contacts onto their own zones and add PIR's to the kitchen and hall.

I may (don't know for sure without looking) scrap the contacts on windows and use PIR's in the rooms instead.

Someone once told him they made him look sexy. ;)

68963[/snapback]

wasnt me...i just said he looks handsome.. :ninja:

Guest graale00

No definately want to keep contacts, cats are kept in kitchen at night and its an easy access point for the criminals among us.

The PA's can be put as series on one zone, true enough it will be harder to fault find, but it's 3 devices on the circuit which is in a domestic property so it just means running a few metres to the panel every now and then if required.

I was thinking about adding a heavy duty contact on the shed, putting some cable ducts down in the garden coming up into the shed, but an engineer and me were talking and he said to be careful because the current may not be enough on a cheap panel on a scanny, but to be honest I think its only about 7 metres away from the panel so it should be fine.

By the way could anyone send me a quick diagram on a push to exit access control, if anyone haves one knocking around and a scanner, would like to use it as Field Evidence but left mine in a panel :-( alexgraham@mickydip.e7even.com

cheers Boys n Girls

Alex

Id definetly do as lurch as suggested and put pirs int the kitchen and hall, pet friendly ones.

As for your shed 7m wont be a problem, you could always add a wireless transmitter and receiver to the system.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Get a panel that you can have 1 device per zone, it will make life easier all round.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest MSI New York
Get a panel that you can have 1 device per zone, it will make life easier all round.

69023[/snapback]

Am I missing something? I try to put one device, or two maximum, on all my installs. This is not the 1980's, after all, when all you can buy are eight zone panels. Most of my commercial panels have 8 zones, but my residential installs are all Napco GEM 3600s, up to 36 zones with keypads and zone expanders, and I'm in the middle of a GEM 9600, up to 96 zones (we are using 46 zones). It adds maybe an extra $200 to the cost of materials, and another 3 hours to the labor side, and it saves you lots of time on service calls.

Is it different on your side of the pond?

Am I missing something? I try to put one device, or two maximum, on all my installs. This is not the 1980's, after all, when all you can buy are eight zone panels. Most of my commercial panels have 8 zones, but my residential installs are  all Napco GEM 3600s, up to 36 zones with keypads and zone expanders, and I'm in the middle of a GEM 9600, up to 96 zones (we are using 46 zones). It adds maybe an extra $200 to the cost of materials, and another 3 hours to the labor side, and it saves you lots of time on service calls.

Is it different on your side of the pond?

69892[/snapback]

Just as a mater of interest Ari do you some times fit two PIR's to the same circuit without latching LED's?.

Paul.

You've lost me? You mean you don't usually use anything more than 8 zone panels no matter how many devices?

69911[/snapback]

That is not what he said.did he??

He said that unlike in the 1980's when there were only 8-zone panels..........

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

That is not what he said.did he??

69919[/snapback]

I'm not sure, I think he said he uses 8 zone panels and also said he doesn't? :huh: I'll await clarification from the man himself before venturing into a complex reply!

Archived