Security Installer Community

Help With My First System!

Guest graale00

Guest graale00

Hello Everyone,

I'm a shiny new apprentice for Initial and the engineers have said they think I competent enough to tackle a Scanny for my old man when he wants to get a new alarm. But I have a few questions for all you lot!

I want to connect 3 PA's to one zone on the Scanny, now would I be right in thinking I could connect them up to a connector block which you then connect to the two Zone6 terminals?? So all the Blue/Yellow pairs will be connected and then through to the Terminal???

If so would this be the same for the smoke detectors on the Fire ZONE5??

And I'm struggling to get my head round the Global Tamper?? Connect them in series?? Is this each contact to contact or again using a connector box in the control panel.

Now I know what you are all thinking...JESUS CHRIST DONT LET HIM GO NEAR IT, but this is in like 3 months time and hopefully I should be a bit better by then, and I just want to make sure that there isn't a better, more logical way of doing this.

cheers You Mad Lot!

Al

I suggest you apply for trade membership, as the questions you're asking here are unlikely to be answered in any detail by anyone on here. Once you have proved you're in the trade you will find a very helpful community who can answer any techinal questions you have, but for obvious reasons, we don't discuss technical details of alarms in the open forum.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Hi Al,

You can read all about how to apply for trade membership HERE.

Also pop a post in the introduce yourself thread HERE, jusk click on the "new topic" button :)

Hope this helps

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest roonster

Heres how global tamper is wired. One wire comes out from tamper terminal in the panel. Goes into connector block.

Then say PIR 1 tamper wire. Green goes into the same terminal as the green coming from the panel terminal into the block.

Other wire (say white) goes into second terminal in connector.

Then say PA. Green wire goes into same terminal as the white from PIR 1.

Do this for all the zones. If done correctly youll end up with the white wire in the final terminal on the connector block. Then small piece of wire and take it to the terminal on the panel.

And basically thats it. YOur global tamper sorted, wired in parallel.(Its not wired in parallel its series! Please if you're gonna give advice be sure you are correct!!)

post-5517-1127169511_thumb.jpg

The post was hidden untill it could be discussed, as it contained technical info. Service Engineer has left it up to members to decide wether they want to help guests with technical problems. That, along with the how basic the info was, led us to reinstate the post.

If you don't know......ask.

The post was hidden untill it could be discussed, as it contained technical info. Service Engineer has left it up to members to decide wether they want to help guests with technical problems. That, along with the how basic the info was, led us to reinstate the post.

68801[/snapback]

Blind leading the blind,

If you actually search the Diy forums there are worse posts than this and personally the post tells nothing that the average diy manual or book doesn't.

About time we had some consistencey in the moderation.

Archived