Security Installer Community

Help With My First System!

Guest graale00

Id definetly do as lurch as suggested and put pirs int the kitchen and hall, pet friendly ones.

As for your shed 7m wont be a problem, you could always add a wireless transmitter and receiver to the system.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Get a panel that you can have 1 device per zone, it will make life easier all round.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest MSI New York
Get a panel that you can have 1 device per zone, it will make life easier all round.

69023[/snapback]

Am I missing something? I try to put one device, or two maximum, on all my installs. This is not the 1980's, after all, when all you can buy are eight zone panels. Most of my commercial panels have 8 zones, but my residential installs are all Napco GEM 3600s, up to 36 zones with keypads and zone expanders, and I'm in the middle of a GEM 9600, up to 96 zones (we are using 46 zones). It adds maybe an extra $200 to the cost of materials, and another 3 hours to the labor side, and it saves you lots of time on service calls.

Is it different on your side of the pond?

Am I missing something? I try to put one device, or two maximum, on all my installs. This is not the 1980's, after all, when all you can buy are eight zone panels. Most of my commercial panels have 8 zones, but my residential installs are  all Napco GEM 3600s, up to 36 zones with keypads and zone expanders, and I'm in the middle of a GEM 9600, up to 96 zones (we are using 46 zones). It adds maybe an extra $200 to the cost of materials, and another 3 hours to the labor side, and it saves you lots of time on service calls.

Is it different on your side of the pond?

69892[/snapback]

Just as a mater of interest Ari do you some times fit two PIR's to the same circuit without latching LED's?.

Paul.

You've lost me? You mean you don't usually use anything more than 8 zone panels no matter how many devices?

69911[/snapback]

That is not what he said.did he??

He said that unlike in the 1980's when there were only 8-zone panels..........

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

That is not what he said.did he??

69919[/snapback]

I'm not sure, I think he said he uses 8 zone panels and also said he doesn't? :huh: I'll await clarification from the man himself before venturing into a complex reply!

Archived