Security Installer Community

Optima XM Dead?

efcmandan

What's wrong with a good reliable Veritas 8?

No lock up problems with them!

Apparently even sparkies can install these! :whistle:

lol!

There are lots of options to choose from - be guided by your installer if you know that you can trust his reliability, which in this case he does appear to be a fine chap.

Regards

Steve

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Id go for an LCD keypad as nova said a lot better all round. Im suprised your installer is not offering you one as standard. Dont be thinking LCD keypad is expensive either. I personally dont like the optima's although they are half decent ish and are made to the regs, but there are better panels out there for not a lot more cash. As richl said they are liable to lock up, ive been called out to them, even quite new panels.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

There is nothing wrong with the G3 panel (as Lurch stated) it meets all specifications (BS4737) for a domestic dwelling.

If the equipment is installed to the manufactorys instructions and to the relevant British Standards then you should have no trouble at all.

But if you are to change the panel then perhaps go for something with a LCD display and text circuit indentifcation instead of LEDs (lights) for the zones.

66447[/snapback]

I was going to go for a panel without a keypad, and just have the one remote keypad. Does that sound ok? I'll ask if I can get a keypad with an LCD display like you say.

Ta

lol!

There are lots of options to choose from - be guided by your installer if you know that you can trust his reliability, which in this case he does appear to be a fine chap.

Regards

Steve

66456[/snapback]

He does sound reliable and trust worthy ect, I cant fault that, but if hes an installer why offer the most basic of panels.

lol!

Regards

Steve

66456[/snapback]

Thanks Steve. When I speak to him tomorrow, I'll find out for sure what he wants to install.

Ta

I was going to go for a panel without a keypad, and just have the one remote keypad. Does that sound ok? I'll ask if I can get a keypad with an LCD display like you say.

Ta

66459[/snapback]

Have a remote keypad and the main control panel hidden out the way.

Have a remote keypad and the main control panel hidden out the way.

66463[/snapback]

Ok, the current panel is in the under-the-stairs cupboard. So the new panel can go there too.

The remote keypad is going to go in the lounge, behind the main door into the lounge. Pretty difficult to hide that kind of thing, so it's going to be in view. I suppose I could chisel a square out of the wall for the keypad, and then dangle a flap of wallpaper over it?! ;)

The remote keypad is going to go in the lounge

Why not in the hall area next to the front door.

Pretty difficult to hide that kind of thing, so it's going to be in view.
Remote keypads are small these days and are very obtrusive, if you installer is up to scratch then he sould be able to install the keypad on a external wall (not outside) and drop the wire down the cavity under the floor to the cupboard the panel is in making a neat job.
I suppose I could chisel a square out of the wall for the keypad, and then dangle a flap of wallpaper over it?!  ;)

Like the flap of wall paper idea, reminds me of safes behind the picture, hidden passage ways behind the dining room wall.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived