Security Installer Community

Optima XM Dead?

efcmandan

Hmm, I see your points. I'll be speaking to him in the next couple of days, so I'll ask him. Regarding your comment on 'police response', I know that it's a waste of time, after being burgled last year and waiting 5 hours for the police to turn up. We have a dialer (SD+?) installed now, so when the alarm is triggered it calls me, the only person I can really trust to respond!

Dan

Hmm, I see your points. I'll be speaking to him in the next couple of days, so I'll ask him. Regarding your comment on 'police response', I know that it's a waste of time, after being burgled last year and waiting 5 hours for the police to turn up. We have a dialer (SD+?) installed now, so when the alarm is triggered it calls me, the only person I can really trust to respond!

Dan

66660[/snapback]

Police response to alarm signals is significantly different to a post burglary call. Yes, sometimes they take too long but on many times they are very quick. My point is that I would rather have the police turn up, even after 15 minutes, than not at all. And if I press my PA button in the middle of the night I have quite a lot of confidence that the Police will almost definitely be coming as fast as they can.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

And if your man isn't SSAIB/NACOSS, it doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't use him (as others have said).

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

But if you don't want police response then there's no need. ;)

However, I realise that in most cases you will get a better service from an approved contractor, horses for courses and all that. I am working towards approval, and yes, I do lose work because of the lack of membership.

Anyway, we're drifting now, back to the original, simple topic.

Police response to alarm signals is significantly different to a post burglary call. Yes, sometimes they take too long but on many times they are very quick. My point is that I would rather have the police turn up, even after 15 minutes, than not at all. And if I press my PA button in the middle of the night I have quite a lot of confidence that the Police will almost definitely be coming as fast as they can.

66662[/snapback]

Hmm, I took a decision that should the alarm be signalled and I get a call from the dialer, I would then call the police myself whilst on my way back to the house. I'm glad you have more confidence in your local police force than I do in mine! :)

Hmm, I took a decision that should the alarm be signalled and I get a call from the dialer, I would then call the police myself whilst on my way back to the house. I'm glad you have more confidence in your local police force than I do in mine! :)

66693[/snapback]

Unfortunately though, the Police will not respond to your en-route call infornming them that your alarm has activated. Unless there is a report of a break-in or suspicious activity they will not come out for an un-confirmed non-monitored, DIY system.

Unfortunately though, the Police will not respond to your en-route call infornming them that your alarm has activated. Unless there is a report of a break-in or suspicious activity they will not come out for an un-confirmed non-monitored, DIY system.

66694[/snapback]

Well, the plan was that I would check my cameras remotely and therefore be able to carefully phrase my call to the police along the lines of "Hey, some ******* is trying to break into my house, can you send a couple of officers around?"

But, i see what you're saying.

Archived