Security Installer Community

Why does scantronic 9751 have only one A/T point?

Guest roonster

yeh, could do. Im just trying to figure out the basic wiring method first.

Anyways done some more searching and reading and I think ive found the answer to my own question.

The tamper wires go into an 8 terminal conector block. Thing is youd expect it to be supplied with the kit. Hence i was confused as to where the tamper conections could go. I mean theres no place for it to go on board! No mention of using connector block in the manual. Nothing! They weren't really designed for DIY - and engineers would know :whistle:

Thing is scanny provide terminals to take it in series on the 9954 expander but not on the actual panel!

ANYWAYS, so what kind of connector block should be used? Same as the one in the panel? A normal plastic connector block. Don't know what they are called.

With FSL do lads use solder to make the connections for the resitors? Or a simply twist and go? No, as someone else recently said

Im kinda getting the jist of FSL/EOL now. But hasnt totally clicked just yet.

ALso 1 more question, how is the 12v and 0v wired? Is that simply a case of getting all 8 wires into the terminal? 8 into 12v and 8 into 0v? You may be better off putting a single core into the pos with the other end to a connector block with all the other pos cables. Same for the neg. Then you won't have to squeeze them all into one terminal, just the connector terminal block (that you can get anywhere. They are not alarm components.)

cheers.

64946[/snapback]

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

forget about the global tamper

combine the alarm and tamper with resistors and use 4k7 across and 2k2 end of.

chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Guest roonster

yeh I understand that in theory in the manual with the diagrams etc. Just having problems imagining how its actually connected in practical.

I know that only two wires are used. (excluding the two for power)

If an alarm condidtion develops (alarm contacts open) resistance increases to 6k9 as 4k7 is connected in parallel to the alarm contacts hence shorts out.

All well in theory, but not still quite sure how the 4k7 resistor is put in place. Is it inside the PIR/ door contact/ shock sensor etc?

The 2k2 reistator goes end of line in series. So im thinking the cable has to be cut and the resistor soldered between?

Go down to where you bought your panel and ask them to draw you a picture or better still show you its a piece of pee easy as 1 2 3.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Guest roonster

cheers,

Oh, anwyways i think im getting confused between EOL and FSL. Im thinking of them being the same. But done some more reading and infact they are not.

EOL uses 1 resitor, while FSL is uses two resistors in total.

SO EOL is slightly easier to carry out than FSL.

Anyways forget about that for now. Ive come across another query.

The 9954 expander does not have any power terminals (12v, 0v)dedicated to supplying power to any detectors connected to the expander.

It only has keypad bus which can only be used for connecting the expander to the control panel or another keypad. According to the manual.

So im wondering how power is supplied to detectors on the expander?

Archived