Security Installer Community

Barking Dog Alarm

Guest Dobbin

Guest Dobbin

Lurch

Okay 'have a go' if you must! I have wide shoulders!

So are you saying that omiting zones is wrong and wouldn't work? OR are you just trying to flex your muscles and show how exceeding clever you are and how stupid I am (at installing alarms that is!).

Dobbin

Dobbin, you misunderstand.

My use of the word resigned was in the context of you wanting to do it rather than get a co to, The definition of resigned being "To submit (oneself) passively" so if your not "resigned" to it i'll recommend you some companies to do it for you. :whistle:

The fact that you look forward to it or not is your perogative. nor do I think it strange, why would I?

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

The latter!

Nothing wrong with omitting zones but if you set up areas then you just set say area A for everything and area B for everything except the room the dogs are in.

Guest Dobbin

Lurch

Hmmmm. I Thought so!

When you're not trying to be too clever you have good information to impart. Why did you not just say "take a look at using areas"?

I will have a look at using areas even though I am not a professional!!

Bellman

No offence taken

but if you want to argue semantics........

as your definition shows resigned means

"To submit (oneself) passively"

I would argue that I am neither 'submitting' or being 'passive'.

I am 'choosing' to 'actively' Do It Myself.

Now I am off to bed. Lurch go pick on someone your own size (and giant intellect!!)

Thanks

Dobbin

not my definition Dobbin, from here

and if you want to split hairs over semantics then by your own example:

as your definition shows resigned means

"To submit (oneself) passively"

I would argue.gif that I am neither 'submitting' or being 'passive'.

I am 'choosing' to 'actively' Do It Myself.

I am proved correct as if you were not resigned you would be either

forced or coerced, and that would imply you have no choice. :whistle:

sleep well.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Why did you not just say "take a look at using areas"?

63626[/snapback]

Because you'd have probaby said what and why. Although you are determined to cobble this in on your own I'm seeing this being a right state when it's done. You've come up with some barmy ideas, argued with all engineers on here because you're better at installing alarms than us and you still wonder why people say leave it alone.

I despair, and pity your neighbours.

Nova

Why do you think that they have been a waste of time. Am I not allowed to have an alarm if I've got dogs? If you go to a customer to fit an alarm and find they have dogs do you say "Sorry I cannot fit you an alarm coz you've got dogs"? I don't think so!

Dobbin

63618[/snapback]

You can have a alarm if you have dogs, but your wish / kit list is wrong. The list does not include any shocks or perimiter detection.

"Sorry I cannot fit you an alarm coz you've got dogs"? I don't think so!

Wrong..........

Dobbin, you cant ask for people to ok your kit list when you have not told them you have dogs.

If you are local to Manchester, ring me i will come around look at your premises and give you a couple of options and a proper kit list for a proper system,for you to buy and install.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

If you are local to Manchester, ring me i will come around look at your premises and give you a couple of options and a proper kit list for a proper system,for you to buy and install.

63638[/snapback]

Nova, be careful NSI rule 2:20 DIY kits. Read it. I recommend you disassociate yourself, and think about your design liability even if you don

Customers!

I'm sure dobbin knows all about the pointless nsi rules and that complete rubbish called bs4737..... dobbin... good luck.... knock yourself out kid!!! Any chance of some finished pictures when the installs complete.... I could do with knowing how a proper intsall looks.... not done one myself for years....... (lol) come on guys it's got to be time to tell him that the security installer site is a micky take out of installers and we're all here to take the piddle as we haven't ever seen an install in our lives!!!! We're all intruders really who haven't been reformend yet!!! Mav_001 HMP Borstall :roflmao:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived