Security Installer Community

Barking Dog Alarm

Guest Dobbin

Guys

Are you all talking about something happening AFTER the alarm is triggered?

I am talking about prevention which surely is always better than the cure.

I have read that a dog barking is one of the best deterrants you can have. Am I wrong? What is your opposition to one of these devices? Have you any substance behind your negative comments or are you just taking the "Well I know better coz I am a professional installer and he hasn't got a clue.....". Lighten up. Look at what I am suggesting and let me know why (for a measly £60) you think it won't work or be of benefit as a deterrent? Give me something with your reasoning!

The alarm system will come into play if the person ignores the barking and breaks into the premises. And you have given me enough information to ensure that I install that properly.

I presume that the outputs of the alarm could trigger devices? What sort of devices do they connect to and what standards do they use?

Dobbin

63549[/snapback]

just a thought...what if you go on holiday and soon the neighbours hear a dog barking day after day..the house will get broken into..by the police and the rspca... :blink: and they wont be impressed with the placca dog

Just found this while ive been trawling.........

Meet our crime fighting canine!

The Watch Dog is the fun way to keep an eye on wanted & unwanted visitors

Place Watch Dog near the front door or in the backyard (or for a laugh, outside your office or bedroom) to alerts you of approaching guests with its realistic barking sound and blinking LED eyes

Machine gun sound effects can also be heard while he defends your property!

post-1678-1123333465_thumb.jpg

Who needs a barking dog when I have our lass :whistle:

In seriousness though, I wouldn't have thought an electronic barking dog sounder would have any benificial effect at all.

Save the £60 and put it towards good quality insurance approved door and window locks instead.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

So previous posts have been a waste of time on the kit list thread, due to you have dogs,

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...?showtopic=6963

Get a proper company in.

63579[/snapback]

He has probably considered that and perhaps will be isolating the dogs in an unprotected room....

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

He has probably considered that and perhaps will be isolating the dogs in an unprotected room....

63587[/snapback]

Bad idea Zak, the whole idea of what we do is to design and install a system which is to protect the property, not individual rooms.

Could happen, lock them in the kitchen, isolated kitchen pir every time you go out, get fed up with isolating so link it out, dogs die, scumbags breakin in to the kitchen find car keys, tv, money, get a nice bit for their effort and drive away in the car. Good idea :no:

Now what would a proper company quote ? shocks on perimiter windows, contact on all external doors, perhaps a pressure sensor (not me) Pir in the hall just in case they come out of the kitchen, would they get in ? doubt it, now the kit list that has been provided is just texecom mirage PIR based system, we all got our favorite PIR (Optex and you know they are the best) so if hes got dogs how long is it going to be before one dog in the kitchen and another in a different room because they are not getting on, and he cant be bothered to omit two zones so he just goes out leaving the system switched off.

Why have you all given good information, because you want to help, i agree with this, but now he has dogs which was not mentioned at the start.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Nova,

He is resigned to the DIY route.

Negative preaching about how "professional" systems should be installed dosn't help matters. Granted some things were ommited (dogs for example) but thousands of systems accross the country have isolation zones for pets or alternative methods of protection instead of volumetric. this dosn't automatically mean that the system is useless. If he decides to isolate detectors for pets thats up to him, I often isolate detectors on my own system for various reasons.

It's often not possible to give 100% protection because of individual circumstances (like pets for example) but some protection is better than none.

Anyway, he could always buy a kennel. :whistle:

Not having a go, just my opinion.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Hi. Dobbin.

Cut your costs.Iv'e seen garden gnomes that WOLF WHISTLE @ £2 EACH.Now that is a deterent. :whistle:

On a serious note I have always gone in for perimeter security.ie.Shock sensors and contacts on every possible point of entry.I have also fitted high intensity LEDs on the sensors protecting what I consider the most vunerable areas so that they are easily seen, and to act as a deterent.I also found this system usefull for when I was working (now retired) and on call.I could go out,leaving the wife alone and free to move around the house with the alarm set.

Best wishes with your project.

Tony Heath

Guest Dobbin

Nova

So previous posts have been a waste of time on the kit list thread, due to you have dogs,
Why do you think that they have been a waste of time. Am I not allowed to have an alarm if I've got dogs? If you go to a customer to fit an alarm and find they have dogs do you say "Sorry I cannot fit you an alarm coz you've got dogs"? I don't think so!

While I still have a couple of LITTLE dogs I will secure them in a room and omit that zone when they are in the house. Seems simple enough to me or am I missing something being a DIY installer?

Bellman

He is resigned to the DIY route

I thought I made it pretty clear. I am not RESIGNED to the DIY route I am positively looking forward to it! (starnge as it might seem to you). I look forward to your help in the future.

Tony

Thanks for the good wishes.

***** CAN I JUST MAKE IT CLEAR ***********************

***** THE BARKING DOG ALARM IS OFF MY WISH LIST ******

BUT

point taken. I have now crossed the Barking Dog ALarm off my wish list.

Thanks everyone for making me see sense and saving me £60.

Thats what these forums are all about!

Ok?

Lets move on?

Someone please ask another question.........Please?????????????

Dobbin

Moving away from barking dogs, but still on the 'have a go at Dobbin' slant;

No need to omit zones, use areas.

A professional installer would know this and would set the system up accordingly using all of its features. ;)

Archived