760 members have voted

1. 1. Engineer Manuals

• Engineer--Provide them if Asked
    • Engineer--Do not provide them at all
    • User--Im happy to leave the serious stuff to the pro`s
    • User--Its my Alarm, I have the right to a manual
    • Un-decided

Guest Director of COP Security
maunal tells you how to remove codes............. in some case engineres code can be defaulted without changing anything else, unlike pc, camera ect......... with have policys which require the alarm to be reset by an Engineer ACPO anyone.......

we employ people to look after system which are under maintenace eg 500 -1000 per service eng no contract no repair visits

copyrighted info?.......... when you brought your f355 did you get a full workshop manual?

Ok maybe I am being thick but can you do anything if the user does not have the code, can you open the lid and default just the engineer codes ?

If the answer is YES then thats a big problem because as I have said I can get a panel tomorrow complete with full instructions.

I understand about the regs if a system is signalling or under contract but what if its bells only and no contract.

And no I didn

One is saying that giving manuals to users will just let the user screw up the system and cause more hassle for Engineers.

true

The other is saying that any tom dick or harry with an engineers manual can disable most alarm systems within 30 seconds...

well not a set system which secure signalling ;)

Ok maybe I am being thick but can you do anything if the user does not have the code, can you open the lid and default just the engineer codes ?

okay without given the game away eng reset if you know the manager code

And no I didn

Guest Director of COP Security
okay without given the game away eng reset if you know the manager code

cost of manual ?

can you buy software from the proper peolpe of is it 3rd party?

4 grand for the clutch i seem to recall?

some of the fire controls makers will not sell software or equipment to any one but thier agents which in some repects is something i would agree with

Ok I understand and this is a public forum. :yes:

The car is not a good example as we are comparing security with something that can be tuned in to a full blown race car for private use.

I just don

If the answer is YES then thats a big problem because as I have said I can get a panel tomorrow complete with full instructions.

This is why most high end panels don't come with eng manuals, They are only supplied to authorised agents Galaxy panels are a prime example of this. :)

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived