Security Installer Community

Premier 816

Its only a manual for a communications module, NOT a control panel.

I knew this was going to happen, dont worry DPA, I'll pm it to yer.

Too much power makes ones head explode.

58407[/snapback]

A secure signalling device, which has information in, that would allow a system it to be comprimised. :yes:

If you new it was going to happen, why post it ;) it is an engineering manual after all.

Tell you what Colin, how about you read the manual and tell me how you would compromise it.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I am familiar with the manual and the methods/protocols that the equipment it utilises to send its signals. Public forums are not the place to discuss the inner workings of a communications device, but suffice to say it is vulnerable with the form of signalling that it uses. Consultation with your inspectorate would educate you further on this form of signalling and the potential problems that are inherent with it.

Its only a manual for a communications module, NOT a control panel.

I knew this was going to happen, dont worry DPA, I'll pm it to yer.

Too much power makes ones head explode.

58407[/snapback]

This has annoyed me, imagine this sceanrio in the case where DPA was a criminal.

Red Fox | Hosting

Affordable and Reliable UK Based Web Hosting

Me too Breff, I don't mind the exchange of such information with fellow trade members, or any member not yet trade but who obviousely is (Still pending approval DPA).

But please do not post technical documentation in the public forums.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Hey guys, sorry for starting all this trouble. I'm no criminal and i am in the trade. Plus i have also applied for trade membership though as far as i am aware, no contact with my place of work has yet been attempted (time will take its course. Fortunately for me breff opened his trust and offered me the manual. Thanks alot breff, the info u gave me has really helped. My board hasn't got prog port but texe can upgrade for me if i send it them (prolly work out cheaper to order a new board :P ). And for anyone else who has this query, the IPCom is apparently supported by the Premier 816 with software versions => v9. Though when corresponding by email with texe, they tell me the panel is not 'yet' IP ready, so i take this to mean v9 is not out yet. Either way, again, time will tell.

Again... thanks for the help, sorry for the trouble.

Hopefully i will soon be trade and keep these sorts of post trade only.. :unsure:

Trade Member

I humbly apologise to anyone who I may have upset.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived