Security Installer Community

Premier 816

Had my Premier 816 in now for a while and just got a few questions about it that someone may be able to answer.

* Is there anyway that the panel can be connected to a network to program it over the network. (If i connect it to phone line, i would have to go to someone else's house to connect.) I was thinking the only way to do it would be to get a UDL lead, butcher it and connect it to patch panel (in house).

* Is the software upgradable. There are a few annoying things with the software and wondered if i could upgrade it should the problems be fixed.

* Is the door chime supposed to chime when the panel is set and you enter the premises. Wierd if you ask me, none of the vertas range do it.

* I've heard a rumour of a Premier panel being released soon with a wireless reciever in it (should have bloody copyrighted it :P ), anybody know if this receiver will also be an add-on for existing Premier panels?

* Lastly, are the Modules bridgable or do you need to remove 1 to add another. I.E. could i have an expander, Receiver (if applicable) whilst still keeping the UK BEll Mod in.

Sorry for going on, all infos are appreciated

Thanks guys.

Trade Member

Before I answer I have to say I only deal with Premier 24 and up,

But...

On these models you can add an IPcom which can connect directly into a 10/100 network, the software is upgradable if you have the special lead, software and upgrade files supplied by texecom (we have :yes: ), and yes apparently they are working on a wireless module.

But whether or not this stuff will work with an 816 , having never installed one , I do not know.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Heres the IPCom manual. The lead and software are different to the udl lead and wintex, It plugs onto the programming port, very handy for upgrading old buggy version 3 software to the latest version.

MOD: ATTACHMENT REMOVED - DO NOT POST TRADE MANUALS IN THE PUBLIC FORUM

Warren

Heres the IPCom manual. The lead and software are different to the udl lead and wintex, It plugs onto the programming port, very handy for upgrading old buggy version 3 software to the latest version.

MOD: ATTACHMENT REMOVED - DO NOT POST TRADE MANUALS IN THE PUBLIC FORUM

Warren

58354[/snapback]

Its only a manual for a communications module, NOT a control panel.

I knew this was going to happen, dont worry DPA, I'll pm it to yer.

Too much power makes ones head explode.

Archived