Security Installer Community

Hello to all

Guest Dr. Phred

Guest Dr. Phred

I'm new to this group but not to the industry. I have 30+ years in electronics starting with TV and slowly progressing all the way to security. I'm the Operations and Implementation Manager of Technical Support for a Canadian Company. Although I do work within the Central Station, myself and my Tech Team focus on solving all those little anoying problems that plague the techs in the field. We deal with just about every know panel type out there and still I find something new I can learn everyday. I hope I can be of help from time to time with the problems and questions I'm sure I'll find in this group.

Hi Dr. Phred,

Welcome to the forums.

I note you've already read the forum rules and guidelines so enjoy your stay and have a good look around.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

I'Although I do work within the Central Station, myself and my Tech Team focus on solving all those little anoying problems that plague the techs in the field. We deal with just about every know panel type out there and still I find something new I can learn everyday. I hope I can be of help from time to time with the problems and questions I'm sure I'll find in this group.

54976[/snapback]

Any chance you can decipher this. Only reason i ask is customer sent Silent PA (ademco CID) and ARC never got a thing It tested fine for our engineers following day.

Jef

Customers!

Guest Dr. Phred
Any chance you can decipher this. Only reason i ask is customer sent Silent PA (ademco CID) and ARC never got a thing It tested fine for our engineers following day.

Jef

55034[/snapback]

I have seen this type of signal before. Are you using the Surguard System III receivers? I have seen these CID signals misread as Ademco Highspeed signals. Unfortunatly I can't see the raw signal attached to the alarm. If you scroll over to the right, MAS will display the signal type and also what level it translated on. If read right, MAS will translate at the first level, if not it will show level 2 or 4. If this is the case it's not a panel issue but rather a translation error usually caused by noise or othe interferrence on the line. If you can, slide the window over and grab another image, I'd like to see the translation level.

Archived