Security Installer Community

Menvier 690M problem

breff

Maybe locking because the zone's still in alarm when you try return to day mode? Seems a likely answer to me.  :P

Although probably isnt the right answer.  :huh:

55466[/snapback]

I thought that, the smoke is unlatched by power break, the latch light goes out upon entry of the code a second time and then the keypad freezes.

Next time Im there I might see if they are using the keypad output for the negative.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

That said i still believe any Premier is head and shoulders above any current offering from Menvier, i know some may disagree but having used both extensively we definately would never go back to Menvier now.

55262[/snapback]

The current Menvier range was the dogs danglies back in 1998. Unfortunately, with the exceptions of a few tweaks like here and there for the change in regs, they are still a late 1990's range of panels.

Sturdy, well made, but as that group 'The Sunset Strippers' keep saying, they're out of touch. The timeline is simple. Menviers progress continued. Just that it was at Texacom.

ACE.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe locking because the zone's still in alarm when you try return to day mode? Seems a likely answer to me.  :P

Although probably isnt the right answer.  :huh:

55466[/snapback]

Spot on that man.

Had the same thing with a TS900, A2Z smokes, negative into output programmed as detector reset.

The latch led is going out but the zone is still staying active.

I had to fit a push to break switch in the end.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Most of our Menvier keypads quite often get stuck in the menus when trying to exit it, usually just putting in the engineer code or user code is enough to get it back to 'Eng Menu 1' or 'User Menu 1'. But I have to agree that Premiers are better and we have used dozens of 24's some monitored with no problems. They seem just as good as the 48's just a bit stripped down but they are ok for any standard installation as long as you dont want to do anything fancy!

Trade Member

Archived