Security Installer Community

Menvier 690M problem

breff

I had a weird one with a 690M today, they had a smoke detector activate, silenced it with their code and entered their code again to reset. The keypad locked up at this time and was still locked when I arrived. After multiple presses of the ESC key the system went into code tamper , we entered the code and the keypad went back to normal.

I activated the smoke again and silenced with engineer code, then entered eng menu 1, 0 to user menu 1, pressed ESC, keypad locked up again.

After causing another code tamper to unlock the keypad I then caused an intruder activation and the system silenced and reset with no problem.

I phoned Menvier Tech and left a message as they operate a crappy callback service, and they havent got back to me.

The panel is approx 3 to 4 years old, I think its software version 4.0, there are 8 zones in use, 6 in the panel and 2 in the keypad, the smoke is wired to zone 7 in the keypad.

Anyone had this?

Any ideas?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Anyone had this?

Any ideas?

54868[/snapback]

Not had that fault exactly, but I have had some very random faults on Menvier panels, which were caused by induced AC. Check your levels of indiced a/C, and if they are high fit a 12v spike supressor.

Might be the fault - worth a try!!

D7

Just check menu 1 option 9 - number 34 should be off this is entry keypad lock - it shouldnt make a difference to you but humour me.

Not had that fault exactly, but I have had some very random faults on Menvier panels, which were caused by induced AC.  Check your levels of indiced a/C, and if they are high fit a 12v spike supressor.

Might be the fault - worth a try!!

D7

54879[/snapback]

Thanks for your input D7, like you say worth a try.

Hmm i doubt it would have that option being 3-4 years old so probably pre-DD243

54914[/snapback]

Spot on Mont, it only goes up to option 29

Bump

Any other suggestions?

Hmm bin it and put in a Premier?  :whistle:

55222[/snapback]

Got one of those premier panels and cant say Im very impressed sorry :(

Got a prem 24 with the LCD prox kit.

Just using it standard at the mo, but which ever way I approach it, its just not to my liking sorry, I still prefer the menvier panels.

I dont want to bitch about it, I got it to try as you where on about them alot (The premier range that is), but I still dont see the fascination or quite how you prefer them.

Each to their own and all that I suppose :)

Archived