Security Installer Community

Menvier 690M problem

breff

Hmm bin it and put in a Premier?  :whistle:

55222[/snapback]

Ive already suggested it!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Whats the current draw in alarm, had a faulty extension speaker once causing a TS900 to do this, put the meter on and the current reading was nearly 1a.

Another favorite with menvier locking up is if the extension speaker cable is wired in the same cable as the keypad data, a big NO NO menvier say as it corrupts the data to the RKP.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Whats the current draw in alarm, had a faulty extension speaker once causing a TS900 to do this, put the meter on and the current reading was nearly 1a.

Another favorite with menvier locking up is if the extension speaker cable is wired in the same cable as the keypad data, a big NO NO menvier say as it corrupts the data to the RKP.

55248[/snapback]

But why would it do it only after a fire activation and be ok after an intruder?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Arent they based on the menvier  :yes:

55249[/snapback]

Nearly, they are the new revisions of the 10 year old Menviers designed by Menvier staff. They just have a Texecom badge on them.

Dave, try a 48 rather than the 24, few more features and a bit more industrially built with more wiring space.

we stick to fitting 48's even on small jobs where a 24 would do. It just doesnt have the features of the 48/88 etc.

55262[/snapback]

That's my new philosophy. I've specced a few 24's recently and after having a quick look in the Texecom book I noticed the 24 wasn't just a small 48 as I assumed it was, it was a different panel on looks and features. Still, the customers get a free upgrade before I even start the job. Can't see them complaining. ;)

Archived