Security Installer Community

Adding remote access to CCTV system

Guest gewens

If your current multiplexer has an unused spot monitor output that you can set to 4 camera split screen, you could just connect that to a single channel video server and then connect that to the net.

This is why you need someone in that knows what they are doing as they can tell you all the possibilities you have with your current system.

To be honest if you are not going to use broadband I wouldnt bother, you will get approx 1 frame every 8 seconds over dial up.

I know , I've tried it, its ****.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest gewens

cheers guys, the reason i asked here is that i know i would get "frank" advice from you guys, i did think it would be easier that this but i realise you guys have worked for many years learning your trade just like me. I may put this idea on hold for the moment as funds are limited.

Where would be the best place to go to get a little more in depth info into CCTV installation? I am keen to learn. I have done some installs before but would like to know more.

Thanks for the help

Glenn

Where would be the best place to go to get a little more in depth info into CCTV installation? I am keen to learn. I have done some installs before but would like to know more.

Tavcom are by far the best source of training that i know of.

Archived