Security Installer Community

Concept 6

Guest celiag

Guest kenny james
:D when the alarm goes off when power is disconnected from the mains this is definately a battery fault, change battery and all will be o.k....not unless when you had your alarm installed a battery was'nt connected which has been known!.

Service manuals are only available to trade members of the forum.

Contact ade: www.ade.co.uk if you require the installation manual.

Dale

• 4 months later...
Guest homeowner

Hi folks, I too am new to this forum having found it via Google when trying to track down info on a Concept 6 system.

We have had the system for about 10 years (I think). Following a thunder storm abour 3 months ago it seems to have died. I am not sure whether we had a momentary power cut or quite what happened.

I have ventured into the control box to check the fuse and all is well in there - as far as I can tell - and power seems to be where power there should be. Also the sensors still look as though they are operational as the LED lights on movement. no idea of course whether the bell works.

Howver, the keypad is conspicuously "dead". No lights and no activity when keys are pressed.

Is there an easy answer here or are we looking at the expense of a new system?

cheers

Gary

There is no harm in trying to reboot the panel, remove mains fuse , open panel cover , remove battery leads , apply mains , if it wakes up , put your code in ( or 0,1,2,3 ) reconnect battery ( be careful - 240v mains in panel) close lid - reset as normal.If it works - get it serviced! :)

• 2 years later...

Hello All.

A bit of a long shot I know since it's the Christmas break, but this morning we had a power issue and ever since the power to the house has come back on we have a continous bleep. The noise is coming from the control panel (if that's the correct term), it's the one with the number panel, etc. Up in the loft the unit has power to it by the looks of things since it has a red light on it.

Why would this occur and how do I stop it since it could be a few days before I can get anyone out to take a look.

Thanks,

Ashley

Hello All.

A bit of a long shot I know since it's the Christmas break, but this morning we had a power issue and ever since the power to the house has come back on we have a continous bleep. The noise is coming from the control panel (if that's the correct term), it's the one with the number panel, etc. Up in the loft the unit has power to it by the looks of things since it has a red light on it.

Why would this occur and how do I stop it since it could be a few days before I can get anyone out to take a look.

Thanks,

Ashley

Probably audible warning telling you you've had a power cut, try entering your code and resetting the system.

May also indicate a duff backup battery - when was the system last serviced?

Probably audible warning telling you you've had a power cut, try entering your code and resetting the system.

May also indicate a duff backup battery - when was the system last serviced?

Thanks, but I have now sorted it. I disconnected the mains power as per a previous posting, removed the battery fuse and added it back. Powered on and was then able to reset through the control panel (previously I couldn't do that since none of the buttons responded). All is now quiet!

As for servicing I doubt it has ever been serviced. Would anyone recommend someone in the Cheshire area who could do this.

Archived