Security Installer Community

Concept 6

Guest celiag

Guest celiag

Can anyone help me please?

During building work my alarm (Concept 6) has had to be reset to the factory settings. I'd like to change the alarm code but I haven't got the user manual. I've seen the page from Kenny James which takes you up to the point where the customer code is 0123......but what happens next???

Thank you in anticipation!

Celia

To change the code:

Press the PROG button (All lights will show)

Enter the Existing code (Day and Tamper Lights show)

Press the "8" button (The 4 zone lights will show)

Now enter your new code (Any 4 Digits) the unit beeps twice and the day and tamper lights show again.

Press the RESET button, and the Day light should show.

:) Thats it your all done.

Here`s the user manual:

ADE_concept_User.pdf

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest celiag

Thank you Dave,

I'm so impressed with you and this web site - I've had a really bad time today thinking I was going to have pay ££££'s to get my alarm sorted. You have really made my day.

Regards,

Celia

• 1 month later...
Guest BJSkivington

Hi Service Engineer,

I've got a nightmare - just bought a new house with a concept 6 alarm fitted. I have no documentation or idea what the current code is but luckily the previous owner did not set it when he moved out.

Do you know if there any way to reset the alarm so that we can choose a new code for ourselves?

cheers

B

• 2 months later...

Hi Mr Service Engineer

I would just like to say a huge thank you for putting the instructions for the Concept 6 on the web as I too have just bought a house and can now change the code, and know how to work it and everything. You are just brill.

Yours very gratefully

Sheila

• 1 month later...
Guest Ggoughderf@aol.com

my concept advanced microprocessor alarm keeps going off wether the alarm is set or not it goes of in the middle of the night when evry body is asleep even if the alarm is not set tamper and power lights are the only lights on what do you think is faulty or needs replacein

It sounds like you have a tamper fault, the best thing to do is to link out the tamper circuit to stop the alarm going off. But overall the best thing to do is take out each of the tamper circuits one by one and check to see if the alarm still goes off. Then you will know which sensor it is. If this sounds a bit like hard work, then just call a local engineer to come and sort it out, they should find the fault and repair it.

D

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest_Chris

I have just bought a new house with a concept security alarm and when there is a power-cut, the alarm goes off, is there any way to stop this?

Sounds like a battery fault to me - when the power fails, the panel powers down and the external siren senses the loss of power and triggers automatically (off its own battery).

You will almost certainly need to change the battery, and it would certainly be worth having an engineer out to service the system at the same time. An engineer will be able to tell you if the battery has failed due to its age or a panel fault (or both).

D7

Archived