Security Installer Community

ADT Alarm ~New Homeowner seeks help

Guest pietch

Hi Chris,

Oh, and Mavrick_001 the contract stickers are often found on the keypad (they are round here anyway)

As an ex-engineer, our office told us on a resi system it was sticker on panel, commercial on keypad, to save upsetting all the posh-nobs having a dirty yellow sticker on their delightfull new keypad. :boxing:

Check your contracts.... It normally states that if it's on rental they have the right to remove it. This still applies even if the owner has moved house.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

The law is different for items incorporated into a property.

44104[/snapback]

Sorry to disagree but I think you'll find that it's still the original owners property wether incorporated or not.

If I fit something to your house then you sell it i don't loose ownership just because the house wass sold. i'm fully entitled to reposess it as you are NOT the legal owner.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Hi Mavrick_001,

As a CURRENT engineer :whistle:

we were told the same but i come accross a lot of systems with the sticker stuck inside the keypad door (as well as one on the end station).

regional variations i guess :P

Regards

Bellman

:boxing:

Bellman, one day you too will see the light.

Halesowen Garde 3, under some gimp called Dennis...... is fat boy slim still there????

44116[/snapback]

i cant see it happening...hes seen the light and its blue just like his keypad :P

a garde 3 ..how much does that pay... :whistle:

Irrespective of it being on your fixtures and fittings list, if it's under contract then it's //.National Installer.// property

Rubbish, The contract was with the previous owner, not the puchaser.

We been through this many times, the kit becomes fixtures and fittings when the house is sold and becomes the property of the new owner. Then //.National Installer.// only have legal recourse to recoup there money from the contract holder not the new owner.

Speak to your lawyer who handled the sale and he will confirm this.

Colin.

Rubbish, The contract was with the previous owner, not the puchaser.

We been through this many times, the kit becomes fixtures and fittings when the house is sold and becomes the property of the new owner. Then //.National Installer.// only have legal recourse to recoup there money from the contract holder not the new owner.

Speak to your lawyer who handled the sale and he will confirm this.

Colin.

44233[/snapback]

disagree Colin,

As far as I am aware stolen equipment doesn't become your property just because you bought it in good faith.

I agree the installing co would usually chase the contract signer for breach of contract rather than ailienate a potential new customer (and it's easier) but the installing co still legally own the equipment as it wasn't the contract signers to sell in the first place.

I don't know if the law is applied differently up there in sunny scotia, I'd have to check to be sure.

Regards

Bellman

Had one customer with //.National Installer.// alarm, moved to new Zealand and asked me to sort the alarm out for the new occupier. //.National Installer.// had told him that as they (//.National Installer.//) couldn't complete the contact of 3 years, being only 12 months in, they would terminate it without charge.

The panel was left and phone line disconnected from it. Removed by me and now collecting dust in the garage.

Had one customer with //.National Installer.// alarm, moved to new Zealand and asked me to sort the alarm out for the new occupier. //.National Installer.// had told him that as they (//.National Installer.//) couldn't complete the contact of 3 years, being only 12 months in, they would terminate it without charge.

The panel was left and phone line disconnected from it. Removed by me and now collecting dust in the garage.

44411[/snapback]

This goes back to what was said originally, install co's usually leave the equipment in so the next occupier can use it (under contracted terms).

You could always use it to prop the door open or things like that. ;)

Regards

Bellman

Archived