Security Installer Community

IFSEC 2005

as i said last year :realmad:  if they put the show on so as it overlapped a weekend instead of weekdays then they would get more engineers going. The only way i can go is to use up a valuable holiday day and as i only have 20 (- 3 for Xmas) each day is valuable.

Also i remember when it was mainly alarms with an cctv village nowadays its mainly cctv with a intruder presence !!

:yes:

paul

43860[/snapback]

I'm certainly looking forward to visiting the Security Installer stand :P

Although to be honest those promises of a free bar might have tipped

things a bit... Hope that wasnt some sort of windup because I'll be very

dissapointed if it was!

Went to the one at Earls Court last year, forgotten the name now, luckily

(back then) it was only a tube ride away. Utter waste of my life!

Stu.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Sorry to say I won't be going!! This is going to cause an uproar but answer yourself these questions.

Does it cost me money to be there.

Will I get paid for being there.

Could I be doing other things of benifit on the day, like looking after my business?

Will I make anything out of it.

I know this seems grim but, I have that many people calling asking if they can send me lit on their new gear and prices etc. My thoughts have been if you know the products you fit and they are good & your happy with them, & your customers are happy with them.... stick with them! If it's not broke don't fix it.

As for new stuff, get all the information you can & go through it, if it interests you then get a rep out to see you.

Some of you will argue the toss with me I'm sure. But BNI, Business networking, open days are all a waste of time & money as far as I can see it.

If you guys can manage to change my mind or give me just cause to suggest that I might be wrong then who knows, I might send someone....... :stab:

:realmad:

:boxing:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

If you guys can manage to change my mind or give me just cause to suggest that I might be wrong then who knows, I might send someone....... 

I'd agree with you Mavrick, but I'm only interested in the Intruder side of things with EN50131, as most manufactorers have still to come clean on how their kit will be graded & IFSEC in my opinion will give them all something to crow about, as they've nothing better or more interesting to say on this subject at the moment. :stab::boxing: Some of us (SSAIB & NSI) firms are ready for EN501 & just want to get on with it, knowing what kit meets the grade.

Anyone got any info on D/C's meeting grade 3 in this respect?

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Sorry to say I won't be going!! This is going to cause an uproar but answer yourself these questions.

Does it cost me money to be there.

Will I get paid for being there.

Could I be doing other things of benifit on the day, like looking after my business?

Will I make anything out of it.

I know this seems grim but, I have that many people calling asking if they can send me lit on their new gear and prices etc. My thoughts have been if you know the products you fit and they are good & your happy with them, & your customers are happy with them.... stick with them! If it's not broke don't fix it.

As for new stuff, get all the information you can & go through it, if it interests you then get a rep out to see you.

Some of you will argue the toss with me I'm sure. But BNI, Business networking, open days are all a waste of time & money as far as I can see it.

If you guys can manage to change my mind or give me just cause to suggest that I might be wrong then who knows, I might send someone.......  :stab:

:realmad:

:boxing:

44101[/snapback]

Is there a type of expo/forum that you would be more inclined to attend (or already do attend)?

M

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jontom
I havent seen him for the last two or maybe three years.

Pete

45537[/snapback]

Me neither, but did see Austin Powers two years ago, oh the joy of IFSEC.

cheers,

• 3 weeks later...
what day are you all going and where shall we meet up for a beer? !!!!!! :partytime2:

48591[/snapback]

The general consensus seems to be monday for most, I may streach to tuesday as well if there's chance of a good night out followed by curry on the monday evening.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Thought the general consensus was Tuesday?

Where's that poll.......

48600[/snapback]

Monday and tuesday are good for me. like i said earlier, beer and curry mon night sounds superb. anybody wanna join me?

I need to organise some digs for monday night, anybody got any recommendations?

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived