Security Installer Community

IFSEC 2005

Hi all,

For those of you (and I doubt there are many) who have not been to IFSEC at the NEC IFSEC PAGE.

For those of you that have:

1. Is it worth going to?

2. Do you think it influences purchasing decisions?

3. How important is it for a manufacturer to attend?

I would love to hear your responses, we will be there this year on stand V32 in the intruder village. Come and have a coffee :D .

Thanks for your considered replies.

Regards,

Matt

Concept Smoke Screen

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Hi all,

For those of you (and I doubt there are many) who have not been to IFSEC at the NEC

For those of you that have:

1. Is it worth going to?

2. Do you think it influences purchasing decisions?

3. How important is it for a manufacturer to attend?

I would love to hear your responses, we will be there this year on stand V32 in the intruder village. Come and have a coffee :D .

1 Depends, last year we like a lot of security manufacturers never bothered. IFSEC is now a showcase for CCTV. This year will be different I think due to the launch of EN intruder.

2. yes but remember! IFSEC is large, to large to do in one day. I personally speed walk as much as possible and only stop when I see NEW on the stand, most of this is actually not new but is my way to sort wheat from chaff. I never ware my badge or a suit, telling people I have a day off from work, this way you are not important enough to be delayed.

3. Not so critical last year. Absolutely this year for electronic alarms.

4. “Number 4 which would be to keep in touch with existing customers and show where we/you are today”. Agreed

jef

Customers!

Probably would not normally bother due to the distance, but with EN50131 etc, we'll be there & looking forward to seeing your stand Matt.

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Probably would not normally bother due to the distance, but with EN50131 etc, we'll be there & looking forward to seeing your stand Matt.

43665[/snapback]

:lol:

Tell me about the distance :lol:

Tell me about the distance

I bet that poxy 3 miles accross the Solent costs me more that your air fare :P

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I bet that poxy 3 miles accross the Solent costs me more that your air fare  :P

43712[/snapback]

Welcome to Finnsec expo then (to maintain balance between travelling..) :lol:

1 Depends, last year we like a lot of security manufacturers never bothered. IFSEC is now a showcase for CCTV. This year will be different I think due to the launch of EN intruder.

2. yes but remember! IFSEC is large, to large to do in one day. I personally speed walk as much as possible and only stop when I see NEW on the stand, most of this is actually not new but is my way to sort wheat from chaff. I never ware my badge or a suit, telling people I have a day off from work, this way you are not important enough to be delayed. 

3. Not so critical last year. Absolutely this year for electronic alarms.

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

as i said last year :realmad: if they put the show on so as it overlapped a weekend instead of weekdays then they would get more engineers going. The only way i can go is to use up a valuable holiday day and as i only have 20 (- 3 for Xmas) each day is valuable.

Also i remember when it was mainly alarms with an cctv village nowadays its mainly cctv with a intruder presence !!

:yes:

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived