Security Installer Community

Warning sounders

Just been contacted by an existing customer who, after recieving an instruction from his insurance co. asked me for the following.....Panel is guardtec 816

When entering his premises and turning off alarm this must trigger a warning sounder that can only be deactivated by lifting his fire exit roller shutter....obviously so no one gets bar b qued....anyone have any ideas how I can make this work......thanx in advance cc

On the 816 there is a relay on board which a programable output. Take a 0v to relay common, and from the other side of the relay take this with a 12v to an internal siren (hi lo sounder for example, NOT AN INT SPK!!).

Program the relay as open/close signal. When the system is unset this will make the internal sounder go off. (with me so far)

If you fit a contact to the fire door and use this a an in-line switch on the 0v you have taken to the sounder then when the door is opened it will break the 0v connection to the speaker and slience it.

Only snag is when the door is shut at night time the internal sounder will go off until the system is set.

Best to take a cable from the panel to the new sounder & a cable from the door to the panel & do your connections in there.

If he wants to turn the sounder off when it's closed in winter for expample, you could always wire a switch in series with the door contact at the panel end and fit it somewhere where only he can get to it.

If you PM me with your number I'll try & talk you through it if you have any problems.

Good luck. :blink:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Why do they want it to do it?
To ensure the roller shutter is opened and not blocking the fire door escape route...

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Thats Exactly how I`d have done it BUT added another contact to the roller door dedicated solely to cutting off the sounder, and provided the relay isnt allready used for something else.

Also I wouldn`t fit a sounder overide switch just incase they get tempted to leave it turned off.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

If you fit a override switch wht not fit a relay to the switch, that fires a strobe that flashes all the time when isolated and also puts a fault on a zone of the system and program the text as DOOR ISOLATED.

so every night the override switch must be put back to normal to stop the strobe and clear the zone fault.

all you need is a couple of rb007 relays

Archived